1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Rockets Switching Defense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Oct 26, 2018.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The most realistic appraisal straight from the horse's mouth. Initially, I believed our problems were moderate, yet fixable. This really puts things in perspective, unfortunately.
    Shocking, positively shocking.

2. BartBurton

BartBurton Member

Double the offer immediately!! 8 first round picks for JB.

Jeff Bzdelik that is, not Jimmy Butler.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  3. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't hide two bad defensive players if you switch everything. At some point, they will get iso'd. At least with Harden, he competes down in the post. Melo just gets used when iso'd on the perimeter or when he is posted up on a switch.

4. BackdoorHarden

Good point. Never thought about how he lobbied for Melo, but didn't for Luc or Ariza. This just shows you Fantasy Basketball doesn't work in the NBA. Chemistry and role players like Luc or Ariza still important, even if it cost the brokeass owner $90 millions. You want to play with the big boys, you need to #payitup

Little Bit likes this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Just for the record - (from another thread)

psaman17 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh yea for sure, my bad when I said "you people" I didnt mean you.I totally agree with what you said there.