1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RIP] Mark Stevens of "Stevens and Pruett" Dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Anyone who grew up in the 70's and 80's this hits home. The morning drive shows all took from what Stevens and Pruett did. They were Howard Stern before there was a Howard Stern show.

2. droxford

droxford Member

.... but S&B was better.

3. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

This.

I feel the same, but I'd rather not piss on the man's grave.

Fortunately :confused: , I was listening to John Granado and Lance Z that morning.

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That sucks. I loved listening to them back in the day too. Toward the end of their days at KLOL, I do remember that Stevens got axed. They brought in the jagoff from the afternoons to pair with Pruett and the Boner but it blew.

Stevens got a little grouchy on air toward the end but that show always had some wacky crap going on. I was a sales guy back then and I stopped at a few of their "events" nothing like seeing naked chicks in public to get your day started.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's hilarious considering they bashed bush left and right as well.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, I remember that too. The show was never the same without BOTH of them. They had such great chemistry and worked off of each other so well. Pruett and the Boner was just depressing to listen to compared to the original S&P.

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I remember back in the 70's when Stevens and Pruitt were Hudson and Harrigan on an album rock themed KILT. Cut my teeth on that station.

8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Sorry for the necro-bump...

...wasn't a huge S&P listener, although I did listen to quite a bit of them on my morning commutes from Clear Lake into UH everyday. Thought I remembered that one of them had previously passed...so I did a little googling and stumbled across a recent chron story that had relevance. Never knew this ranch was a legit resource/charity. Much more respect for them pushing this thing endlessly all those years. Hopefully it can be resurrected and put to good use again. :)

http://blog.chron.com/thetexican/2013/07/the-stevens-and-pruett-ranch-begins-stirring-again/

9. Illegal Machine

I live, literally, 2 miles from the Stevens and Pruett Ranch in Pearland/Manvel.

10. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Is this the same Locke Siebenhausen?

[​IMG]