1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP, Killer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Colt45, Oct 28, 2022.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

#21 jo mama, Oct 30, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  2. body slam

body slam Member

Saw him at Gilley's around '85ish not sure of the year I was little pretty little. I remember being there but not more.

3. Nook

Nook Member

He came from just about the most backwards place in the USA in Louisiana and while 13 was young for where he came from, it certainly wasn’t viewed as criminal. For example he married for the first time when he was 16. His aunt married at 14 and another relative of his was supposedly 13. She wasn’t his first cousin and he didn’t grow up around her, so it wasn’t controversial in his hometown.

He married a total of 8 times and he married this sister in law of his 13 year old wife.

He grew up about as backwards as possible. He could barely spell and write and grew up steeped in superstition, a fear and distrust of anything outside the church and believing people practiced vigilante justice.

Honestly his upbringing is a lot like some of the Muslims I have met from Afghanistan or Yemen.

ROCKSS, jo mama and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. jo mama

elvis started daing prescilla when he was 24 and she was 14. and her parents were totally cool with it.

going back a little further, hero of the alamo almaron dickinson was 30 when he married 15 year old sussana.

like i said in my initial post, it was common in dixie. its not like they were sneaking around behind peoples back. everyone around them knew.

also, like i said in my initial post, its f***ed up to think how normal and accepted it was not that long ago. anothony from RHCP put out an autobiography less than 20 years ago where he bragged about having sex with a 14 year old.

Nook likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

People now don’t realize how big he was because the marriage to his 13 year old second cousin and alcoholism black listed him in rock and roll and also gospel music. Had he not married his cousin he would certainly be bigger than Cash.

He left rock music and became a massively successful country singer and was along with Hank Williams, the first real outlaw of country music.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  6. jo mama

its also crazy to think that jerry lee lewis, mickey gilley and jimmy swaggart were all cousins. considering where those 3 came from, its pretty impressive how well they each did in their respective careers.

ROCKSS, AroundTheWorld and Nook like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Men ******* early teens is disgusting but nothing new… David Bowie did it as well…. Disgusting but not shocking. Now standards are better, but I am sure the desire to do it is still there for some.
    Cash didn’t screw young teens as far as I know, but he was very abusive to his girlfriends and wives.

jo mama likes this.
  8. jo mama

if yall have never seen tales from the tourbus, there is an episode on jerry lee lewis.

jiggyfly, ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  9. jo mama

social media is definitely putting a check on some of those rockstar impulses.

the average person has a world-wide platform to out celebrities being creeps, abusers and sexual assaulters.

ryan adams, arcade fire guy, maroon 5 guy, louie CK, ect.

Nook likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I know, I was like this guy was still alive?

Nook likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nice going to have to watch that.

jo mama likes this.