1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Joe Garagiola

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NewRoxFan, Mar 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Loved watching NBC game of the week with Joe, Tony Kubek, Vin Scully, and Bob Costas. Sat in front of the TV, with the baseball mitt on, just in case...

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Big fan. RIP. Very humble guy, witty, funny, really knew baseball and everyone adored him.

Here's some great quotes that I remember.

"I went through baseball as a player to be named later."

and Trivia Time: Who was he talking about in this quote:

"Not only was I not the best catcher in the Major Leagues, I wasn't even the best catcher on my street!"

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

RIP Joe. You were one of my childhood idols. Your wit, humility and grace are qualities that are solely needed now more than ever.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yogi.

5. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ioK2NVI6A7E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. TheresTheDagger

NBC game of the week with Vin Scully.

Watched it all the time. R.I.P. Joe.