1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Herman Cain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 30, 2020.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

This how you point without being offensive .good job nook

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will say it again. A lot of people made mistakes. This is a novel virus that we're still learning about. Mistakes are understandable but what isn't not taking responsibility. Responsibility in a crisis is crucial to leadership. Unwillingness to do that leads to what we have now a massive credibility gap between what the President says and what is reality.

Nook, mdrowe00, malakas and 2 others like this.
  3. ROXRAN

Rocketsjudoka, similar to nook, you present a fair counter many times, just wanted to recognize this as well without the hyperbole often seen .

AroundTheWorld, Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Trumpism is a cancer and makes people do utterly stupid things.

I'm sorry for his family, but this isn't a ****ing game. Elections have consequences.

Blatz, RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  5. ROXRAN

Unfortunately the mask wearing seemed to be a political statement when it really should not have been one and I do think that played into this right or wrong..Herman Cain was a example of success and achievement. And just like everyone on the planet, we make mistakes . . . I blame not just Trump but I blame leadership on both sides for not sitting down and coming to an agreement or compromise on addressing the needs of people to earn a living AND stay safe enough..you can wear the mask, social distance , and wash hands and it still may be possible to transmit the virus, however if you do all 3 it is a triad of protection...I think I’m on record of being pro mask from the beginning so I never made it a political statement but as a Trump supporter it’s perfectly fine to not be in lockstep. Look at De Blasio and Cuomo (who Cuomo still would be a million times better than The walking dead-not sure where he is Biden) ..Cain should have said I’m gonna sit this out but he wanted to support the republican efforts and thought it might be a risk worth taking but it was an unfortunate gamble. This is a sad sad day . His life mattered even at 74 ...my grandmother lived to be 100. That is a quarter century more. Life is never long enough even if you live to be 100. All lives matter and are precious. We need to be better and realize when you point the finger, 3 fingers point back at you ..

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You mean the "non political organization" he ridiculed at his massa's bidding? Probably not. People fighting for the right of their own to not be indiscriminantly killed by the police will most likely have a hard time working up concern for someone of their race who walked the path that Cain chose.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. ROXRAN

No we know BLM is a Marxist political organization so yea they don’t care no doubt . BLM pfft

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Rest in Peace, Mr Cain. While I strongly disagreed with your politics, no one deserves to die from this plague.

9. ROXRAN

Agreed Let’s put aside one direction Politics and work together to stop this Deckard. I’m with you. What do I have to do while still being a Trump supporter? Let’s find a solution even tho I may be different on political biases.

I have my values and you have yours but to quote the Hamilton play...”this world is wide enough for the both of us”

Deckard likes this.
  10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Give up your stance that segregation is the only viable solution to today's problems...:rolleyes:

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. ROXRAN

Ok done , I’ll chill on that

AroundTheWorld, Nook and Andre0087 like this.
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Both sides, derp.

I'd like to know if Cain signed the death waiver that Trump wanted people to sign at this rally. Surely he's not the only person from that rally that caught the virus and died.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. ROXRAN

You asked for this ...;) ok yea they didn’t die just wanted you to have this song in your head all day, gotta admit it’s kinda catchy..get it catchy...errr ok that wasn’t my best moment

14. CometsWin

I hope none of them got sick and died because they wanted to play Trump songs at a rally during a pandemic.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. ROXRAN

Naw, rumor is all the Antifa types getting rounded up on the free candy vans are being re-educated by being forced to listen to this song non stop ...notice you never hear whether they got released or not?

16. CometsWin

Yes, all protesters are Antifa because you know, rumor, innuendo, and Facebook gossip is how you folks get your news.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. ROXRAN

I did say Antifa type Not actual Antifa so that gives me the reclaim my time card

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. CometsWin

Yes, that's where the innuendo comes into play. Good job.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Rest In Peace Mr Cain. Your infectious smiles and your Southern Georgia drawl will be missed. Don’t turn this into a poo flinging fest. Death smiles at us all.

AroundTheWorld and Andre0087 like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What the hell kind of compromise is needed to say mask help you to be safe?

What should the Democrats gave up so that republicans would pay attention to actual science?

Why should democrats do to stop republicans telling staffers to not wear masks currently?

Why does it always have to be both sides when only one side is in the wrong one particular matter?

Those same 3 figures are definitely pointing at you blaming this on Democrats.

RayRay10 likes this.