1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Farrah Fawcett

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hayesfan, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

http://www.shewired.com/Article.cfm?Section=1&ID=23146

Charlie's Angels star, Farrah Fawcett has lost her long painful fight against cancer. The 62-year-old actress who continued to battle anal cancer was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital again earlier this week.

Fawcett was first diagnosed with the illness in 2006. While she was given the all-clear after treatment, the actress later learned the cancer had returned and had spread to her liver. She was hospitalised back in April for internal bleeding not related to her disease.

The 70s pin-up icon was placed in intensive care a day after her long-time friends and on-again, off-again lover, Ryan O'Neal proposed to her. O'Neal broke the news in a special 20/20 interview scheduled to air Friday telling Barbara Walters that while Farrah is "fighting for her life, "I've asked her to marry me, again, and she's agreed."

"We will, as soon as she can, say yes," O'Neal, 68, says about his companion since 1980. "Maybe we can just nod her head," he said, with a laugh, "I used to ask her to marry me all the time."

Last night reports began to spread indicating that family and friends of the actress were arriving at her bedside to say their last goodbyes as Fawcett battled the final stages of her rectal cancer.

A priest was reportedly summoned to Farrah Fawcett's bedside to read the devout Catholic her last rites.
    Fawcett's 90-year-old father, James, was allegedly rushing to be with his daughter while her partner, Ryan O'Neal, was apparently trying to arrange a temporary jail release for the pair's son Redmond so he can be at his mother's bedside. Redmond, 24, is currently being held behind bars in Los Angeles after violating his probation stemming from his 2008 conviction for driving under the influence (DUI).

"It was just related to me, that our Farrah just given last rites. She is not in any pain. For those who believe make contact with god now," her public relations agency posted last night on Twitter.

Fawcett's fight against cancer was chronicled in the NBC documentary titled "Farrah's Story," which aired last May. The two-hour special featuring O'Neal and her former Charlie's Angels co-stars Jaclyn Smith and Kate Jackson was
    captured on video by best pal Alana Stewart. The actress invited a camera into her life showing that the most important lesson she learned over months of treatments, anguish and hope, is to always have an indomitable spirit.

2. BmwM3

BmwM3 Member

Wow, RIP!!

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

4. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Member

sad day....i saw the special. RIP :(

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

has this been confirmed? nothing on cnn or chron yet.

6. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

That's terrible news. I can't imagine being a father and watching your own child dying before your very own eyes. It's a tragedy.

RIP.

7. professorjay

professorjay Member

RIP. News like this, particularly involving cancer, always hits home because my father passed away from it.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

9. BmwM3

BmwM3 Member

http://hitmanpr.blogspot.com/

They posted yesterday that she was close to death and had received her last rights.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

any real news sites reporting the death?

11. percicles

percicles Member

Damn! RIP

UT-Alum and all around hot piece of a$$.

12. across110thstreet

but it was posted on twitter, Groogrux!

R.I.P.

13. Fatty FatBastard

-1 rep for spelling his moniker correctly.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i hear clutchfans is reporting her death too! :)

seriously, very sad story whether it's true or not. i really hope they have a chance to get married if she hasn't in fact passed away.

16. dianap07

dianap07 Member

17. Fatty FatBastard

18. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

RIP - I was wondering if anyone knows if Fran Fawcett was related to her?

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

#19 SwoLy-D, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  20. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

LA times website says she's passed but only has a breaking news headline, no story.

RIP