1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Daniel Inouye

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There was a thread in the D&D, but it really belongs here so more people acknowledge this man and what he did for this country.

From wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Inouye

2. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

There's not enough :eek: in the world for that story. A life spent in service. RIP to a man with huge

[​IMG]

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What the hell, he only just now died?!? He should have been dead a half-century ago. My god.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That story that is quoted is like a scene from a fake war movie...unreal. :eek:

If Im running for the phone and my knee hits the edge of a table, I'll be rolling on the ground for 10 minutes...at which point I crawl into bed and take a nap.

And this guy is getting appendages blown off but he keeps moving forward and mowing people down.

:eek:

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

He won the Medal of Honor for that action. Tough to the end, his last word was "Aloha." Also, he ended up in the same hospital as Bob Dole.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What a story. And not just the ware part, though that is both amazing and crazy. But his whole life. From his time in the war till the end, the man was literally part of almost every major political issue of the last 60+ years.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

We're losing these guys, fast. Last year we lost Dick Winters (of Band of Brothers fame). Granted, these few probably didn't think they'd make it so long.

I admire these men for their absolute courage, how they pick up the rest of us and get the job done. Believe me, if I were there, I'd need a kick in the butt and a, "Get moving! Attack!" from a Daniel Inouye.

R.I.P. for him and all who have passed who have defended our country.

EDIT: And he didn't let his handicap, for lack of another word, slow him down. Obviously. They'll need a separate coffin for his big brass ones.