1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Craig Sager

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TMac'n, Dec 15, 2016.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Damn.. what a sad situation. I wonder what was the reasoning behind Sager's will. Family drama is hard to have a explanation sometimes

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

[​IMG]

If this is true its kind of screwed up. I mean at least pay for the medical bills.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It's a very difficult and (fairly) common situation when someone with an established family remarries, either after divorce or the death of their spouse. I don't know all the details here, but Craig Sr. was married for a fairly long time (15+ years) to this woman. She was a dancer with the Bulls and was 20 years younger than Sager. There are two sides to every story though.

The all-too-real takeaway is to have a clear will ... and if you're not leaving anything to your children, sit down with them and communicate the reasons.

s3ts, TMac'n, FLASH21 and 6 others like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I 'aint saying she a gold digger but 20 years younger Bulls dancers 'aint messing with no broke announcas.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is pretty awful; and I would not be surprised if Sr. wrote another will, but it "disappeared"...

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not only that, his wife saw the need to launch a preemptive strike against the children challenging a will that left her everything. That's almost like an admission something is up.

I was in a similar situation. My father was snatched up by someone after my mother died and his new companion did everything possible to terminate any relationships he had prior to meeting her, including us 3 children. It was devastating to our family and to all of my father's longtime friends. To this day, I've never met anyone as vulgar and vile as this person (I'm not young either). Fortunately, unlike Craig Sager, my father didn't "shack up" while still married.

7. Nook

Nook Member

This happens a lot with men that remarry a younger woman. I don’t handle this type of law but we have a few in the office that do.

Men more often than they should seem to have no problem erasing their 1st family and replacing it with a younger wife whom they have kids with.

8. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

It happens mens are animals :confused::oops: sad but true.
    Some have personal vendetta to carry against ex wife thus the divorce etc.s
    Then theres playboys, cant keep *#%& happy, see young skin we get itchy down there.

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I don’t understand coming out a year after his death. What good does it do?

10. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Wtf am I reading

Jontro and Pen15clubber like this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, at least Trump is taking care fo Jr, Eric and Tiffany, I think.

apollo33 and KiwiRoxFan like this.
  12. KiwiRoxFan

KiwiRoxFan Member

Silver lining.

13. jacoby

jacoby Member

It must be incredibly frustrating for his grieving children. This gold-digger enters their life a couple of years before he dies and she swoops in, takes everything, takes them to court and leaves Craig's son broke. They're just lashing out, which is understandable imo.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

according to his daughter, one of Craig's daughters and (ex) wife were in a car accident-sent to the hospital all bloody and whatnot, and he postponed his flight home to see them in order to cheat on her with his now wife.

Brenna calls out Sr’s Wife

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Aw man, this is beyond sad. How can humans be like this? Lawsuits and court cases over wills, custody and divorce are part of why the US is still a mess. Hope Craig’s family will not suffer any more than they have to. Why are they bringing up these things in public, nobody’s perfect.

peleincubus likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Pu**y or not. There is not a damn thing on this earth that would let/make me treat my child like crap. I am perfectly capable of finding happiness while still doing my best at being a good father.

I am not saying Mr. Sager was not doing that. Just stating it in general.

fba34 likes this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Amazon decided that I want to see this ad:

Nook, apollo33 and pippendagimp like this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

AI. The singularity is upon us.

Nook likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

She got his head turned when he was still among us.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

when you read about the truth behind the curtain here, it makes the league's horse and pony show bringing the golddigger on tour from arena to arena this season seem really pathetic now

fba34, Easy, TMac'n and 1 other person like this.