1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Chris Benoit+++++

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Secret Agent 7, Jun 25, 2007.

1. verse

verse Contributing Member

me neither. i haven't watched wrestling in probably 15 years, but some of the cats i grew up watching are on that list. some i knew were dead but most i had no idea. i wonder how they died?

rick rude
    terry gordy
    bruiser brody
    miss elizabeth (wasn't she with "macho man" randy savage??)
    JYD
    big john studd
    "chief" wahoo mcdaniel

wow.

2. verse

verse Contributing Member

3. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I only heard about this this morning when I skimmed the local papers and have just skimmed this thread. It sounds terrible and tragic but just pure speculation on my part I am really wondering if drugs, steriods and meth, played a role in this. Prowrestling to get its entertainers bulked up and amped up have long tolerated drug use and it seems like many of the deaths of wrestlers those seem to play a role. Also even though the fights are staged many of the techniques are still inherently dangerous and very painful. For wrestlers getting up into Chris Benoit's age I suspect a lot of them are also probably abusing pain killers. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Benoit had been using steriods, meth and pain killers which combined with the grueling schedule of WWE and the over inflated aggressiveness of shows might've left him very emotionally fragile.

I remember when Brock Lesnar stepped away from WWE at the height of his fame and even though he hasn't found anything as lucrative since its looking more and more like a good decision.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Damn...I feel for the wife and kid...Not knowing the situation, I can only gather that he was weak and had a lot of problems/depression and took it out on the people he loved/hated the most...

If you're depressed or angry, just kill yourself, why take someone else's life...

RIP...

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

umm, or maybe they should seek counseling.

On a different note, did anyone else find this line bazaar from a lot of the articles?
    It's just odd to see WCW to be referred so casually as this dead and buried entity.

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Well, in order to truly reach the pinnacle in WWE, steroids are pretty much a must. There's literally no doubt that Benoit used steroids, you only have to look at the guy. He packed as much muscle on to his smaller frame as he possibly could. There's also a very high probability that he used painkillers. They're extremely common amongst wrestlers due to their rigorous work and schedule, and Benoit had major neck surgery a few years ago. I'm not sure any human could continue to wrestle a full schedule after that type of injury/surgery without the use of painkillers, but I've never tried myself, so perhaps there's a slim chance that it's possible.

Steroids and painkillers have played a role in plenty of wrestling deaths, most notably Eddie Guerrero's. Eddie had abused both for years and they took a toll on his heart. But I can't really remember any previous case of steroids and painkillers driving a wrestler to, you know, commit a double murder-suicide of his family. That takes... something else, I think.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

What a sad situation, I don't even follow wrestling but man that is just horrible

8. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

Looks like he killed his wife first by choking her, smothered his son in his bed with a pillow, then hung himself.

9. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

10. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

My law partner tells me that a radio station in Atlanta is reporting that they believe that Benoit came home Saturday night and found that his wife had killed their son. Benoit in a rage killed his wife and then late Sunday/early Monday killed himself.

All reports are stating that the details are going to be "bizarre." That leads me to believe that there is more to this story than a man killing his wife and kid.

A man killing his wife and kid is not a situation that would illicit the word "bizarre" from a murder investigator.

11. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

That's what gossip from TMZ also said...hardly reliable, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

12. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Curt Hennig
    Louie Spicoli
    Eddie Gilbert

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Vince needs to do something in response to this tragedy, other than just a tribute show and business as usual. There needs to be some sort of organizational change, I just don't know what.

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thats just crazy.

lighter note...he's got short arms

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Didn't he go on with the PPV when Owen Hart died? I seem to remember Jeff Jarrett crying while trying to cut a live promo on the way to the ring for the next match. He had obviously seen the whole thing unfold and he knew it didn't look good for OH.

Man, being a professional wrestler is not an easy life.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

WTF? He murdered his wife and kid........

If there is a Hell, he is right there FOREVER !!

:mad:

DD

18. Summer Song Giver

I a DDakota on a fishing site I registered on this morning, that you?

May need to schedule a trip sometime.

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it is of my opinion that no man who killed his wife and kids should "rest in peace"

20. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Soooo....what do you think his finishing move was?