1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Chris Benoit+++++

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Secret Agent 7, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

2. thech0senone

thech0senone Contributing Member

I think very highly of Benoit and I really hope it wasn't a murder suicide.

3. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

When did Sherri Martel die? I just heard about this. This sucks! Benoit may have been the best of all time.

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

Latest news say they are investigating all the deaths as homicides.

5. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Man that f'en sucks. Really sad news man.

RIP Chris, Nancy, and Daniel Benoit.

6. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Sherri passed away in the last 2 weeks.

Too many wrestlers have passed way to early :(

Mind you I don't see how it could be anything other than homicide, 3 dead in the one house......

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

a couple of weeks ago.

8. ThreePointShot

Oh man, Chris Benoit was probably one of the only wrestlers that I actually liked.
    Horrible what happened to him and his family.

R.I.P. +++

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

11. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

OMG, how incredibly sad! I haven't been watching much for the past few months, but I still keep up with what's happening. This is such a huge loss for WWE, and for its fans.

RIP Rabid Wolverine.

Edit: If indeed Benoit did kill his wife and child, what a remarkable tragedy, and what a terrible thing for him to have done. I hope they will all Rest In Peace.

#51 Vengeance, Jun 25, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  12. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Wrestler Chris Benoit, wife and child found dead

The Associated Press - FAYETTEVILLE, Ga.

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and 7-year-old son were found slain Monday at their Fayetteville home, authorities said.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being investigated as a murder-suicide, but said that could not be confirmed until the evidence was examined by a crime lab.

WAGA reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday.

A concerned neighbor called police. The bodies were found in three different rooms.

The lead investigator, Sheriff's Lt. Tommy Pope, told The Associated Press that the deaths were being investigated as homicide, and said the cause of death awaited autopsy results on Tuesday.

Pope said the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he would release no other details about the deaths at the house in a subdivision near White Water Country Club.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that Benoit, 40, his wife, Nancy, and son, who was named Daniel, were found dead, but also had no other details.

Benoit, a native of Canada, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

Benoit's wife managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, "Woman," The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on its Web site.

They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing storyline on World Championship Wrestling, the newspaper said.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.

The federal-style house is in a secluded neighborhood set back about 60 yards off a gravel road, surrounded by stacked stone wall and double-iron gate.

Monday night, the house was dark except for a few outside lights. There was a police car in front, and two uniformed officers.

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_newfullstory.asp?ID=94192

13. BigTex

BigTex Member

i didnt know crash holly died

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

First thing I thought also was foul play.

Murder-suicide? I don't know if I believe that, but I'm obviously not at the scene.

Regardless, I agree that it does make the whole tribute thing look horrible if it were a murder-suicide.

The timing of this is terrible also.

RIP to the family. I think the WWE right now is utter crap, but Beniot has been wrestling forever, and was a bright star. I grew up watching him. Much resepct.

15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

so Falcons Talon's article gives credence to the worst possible scenario. Absolutely horrible. I hope they all rest in peace.

16. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

WWE.COM are saying murder suicide.

My question is, if they rule Chris did it should they celebrate what he did in the ring?? I personally can't handle people saying RIP to someone who is suspected at this stage of killing his wife and kid

17. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I will never comprehend how anyone can take their own child's life.

18. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

And should that person "rest in peace"?

I get really pissed off thinking about it.

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

same here...

20. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Oh God... Benoit believed to have killed his wife and sun

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070626/ap_on_re_us/wrestler_dead
    their bodies were just lying around all weekend?