1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Chris Benoit+++++

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Secret Agent 7, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I was at that live Smackdown too, that was actually one of my first WWF/E events to go to. The first one I remembered going was a Nitro on Memorial Day at the Astrodome in '99 which I think Benoit was there too. After going to that Smackdown, that was probably one THE best show I've been to and every event afterwards hasn't been topped, the only one close is the Smackdown taping I went to in Aug 2004 with Kam where we were like on the 3rd row from the ring and u could see me throughout the whole show :)

as for my 2 cents, the thought of the worst case scenario happened, once I read the AP report last night to my mom when I came home, I defended him saying he couldn't have done that, and facts prove that he has. The errie thing about this is that, as Kam stated in the WWE thread, he had one loud pop once we found out that he wasn't performing, little did we know, he was dead at the time we were chanting his name. It just the weird things that goes on when we don't know and later find out what we did during that time. Its a tragedy to say the least, as a person, it sucks his life had to end like this, but as a wrestler, he still entertained the hell out of me every time I watched him wrestle.

I don't support what you did Chris, but you are in a better place with your best friend, I just wish it didn't happen like this.

#181 Dave2000, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  2. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I'm not an expert on steriods by any stretch but I'm wondering while this might not be roid rage if the cumulative effects of using steriods, painkillers and who knows what else for so long may have affected his mental state. Also the WWE's storylines are essentially amoral and even the most popular wrestlers adopt personas that are never what most people would consider as morally good. This is also speculation on my part but if a guy like Benoit was already mentally damaged in someway could the pressure of continually playing a role celebrating brutality spill into his real life somehow?

Also for everyone who is saying that Benoit no longer deserves to "rest in peace" consider how much the realization of what he did probably tortured him so much that he took his own life the next day. While his actions might've been evil it seems to me that he might not have been inherently evil but a tortured soul who for whatever reason lost track of his humanity.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

glad you are going out on a limb and not supporting a woman and child killing double murderer.

also, where is this better place you speak of? burning in hell?

4. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

I dont know...I was thinking if he killed his wife and kid, placed bibles by them...it was pre-meditated...and he knew ahead of time he was going to kill himself, so i doubt it was torture that drove him to take his own life...though who knows. RIP still though, hopefully hes in a better place and he is at peace now.

EDIT: Also the text messages...seem to suggest he knew ahead of time he was going to do it. like i said though, who knows...never will more than likely. just a tragic event.

#184 FlyerFanatic, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  5. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Personally I hope the guy doesn't rest in peace, and I hope he is in a much worse place right now and for the rest of eternity.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/detailedbenoittimeline

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chris Benoit was scheduled to appear at the WWE SmackDown/ ECW live event in Beaumont, Texas

3:30pm
    A co-worker received a voice message from Benoit. The message from Benoit stated he missed his flight and over slept and would be late to the WWE Live Event. The co-worker called Benoit back, Benoit confirmed everything he said in his voice message and sounded tired and groggy. Benoit then stated, “I love you”. The co-worker stated that it was “out of context.”

3:42pm
    The same co-worker was concerned with Benoit’s tone and demeanor and called Benoit for a second time. Benoit did not answer the call and the co-worker left a message stating “just call me back.”

3:44pm
    Benoit called the co-worker back stating he didn’t answer the call because he was on the phone with Delta changing his flight. Benoit stated he had a real stressful day due to Nancy and Daniel being sick with food poisoning. They discussed travel plans for the WWE Tour of Texas with Benoit still sounding groggy at this point according to the co-worker.

4:30pm
    A co-worker who consistently travels with Benoit, called Benoit from outside Houston airport and Benoit answered. Benoit told the co-worker that Nancy was throwing up blood and that Daniel was also throwing up. Benoit thought they had food poisoning. Benoit stated he changed his flight and he would be arriving into Houston at 6:30pm. Benoit told the co-worker to drive onto the WWE event.

5:35pm
    Benoit called WWE Talent Relations stating that his son was throwing up and that he and Nancy were in the hospital with their son, and that Benoit would be taking a later flight into Houston, landing late, but would make the WWE live event in Beaumont.

6:10pm
    A representative of Talent Relations called Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations asked Benoit what time Benoit was getting into Beaumont. Benoit responded he was leaving Atlanta at 9:20pm Eastern time arriving into Houston at 9:24pm Central time. The representative from Talent Relations advised Benoit that it would be too late to make the WWE live event in Beaumont. Benoit apologized citing he had a family emergency. The representative from Talent Relations suggested to Benoit that instead of going to the WWE live event in Beaumont, Benoit should take the flight to Houston, rest up and be ready for the Vengeance Pay-Per-View event.

6:13pm
    The representative from Talent Relations called Benoit to reconfirm the travel plans with no answer from Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations left a voice message to take the flight and rest up.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Text messages sent to co-workers from Chris Benoit and Nancy Benoit’s cell phones:

Text Message 1
    Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
    When: 6/24 at 3:53am from
    Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 2
    Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
    When: 6/24 at 3:53am
    Message: The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open

Text Message 3
    When: 6/24 at 3:54am
    Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 4
    When: 6/24 at 3:55am

Text Message 5
    Sent to: A Co-Worker who consistently traveled with Benoit
    When: 6/24 at 3:58am
    Message: My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

WWE made several attempts to contact Benoit via phone and text messages, as well as, the local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11:00 pm Sunday night there was no contact made with Benoit.

Monday, June 25, 2007

12:30pm
    WWE was notified of text messages sent to the two co-workers.

12:45pm
    WWE contacted the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office and requested them to go to Benoit’s
    residence

4:00pm
    WWE received a call from the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office, advising that they entered
    the house of Benoit and found 3 deceased bodies (a male, a female and a child). The Fayetteville Sheriff’s office has secured the house as a “major crime scene” and that the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s Office had no further information.

who is C, S.?

I'm thinking C is Chavo.

7. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

I read somewhere on the net that Chavo was one of the guys who was in contact with Chris.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

This is part of the reason why I stopped watching wrestling, too many sad stories like this, very depressing and I get a feeling there are more wrestlers in need of help, it's a depressing career to me.

9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

to me, it sounds like some sort of cult thing. i read somewhere that it said nancy benoit was strangled to death but without any signs of resistance. Then, there's the presence of bibles around the bodies. It does seem premeditated. Maybe the cult thing was only in Benoit's mind.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

how sad.

and how utterly foolish it makes the wwe look having that whole staged assasination thing happen just before this real life tragedy

11. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

There was blood found under her head so there were some signs of resistance.

#191 Blatz, Jun 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  12. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I don't understand how placing the Bibles by the bodies proves pre-meditation. Couldn't he have placed them there after he killed them out of shock of what he did and some hope of redeeming their spirits?

As for the text messages and him knowing he was going to kill hmself ahead of time is that what they say?

13. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

100% certain it was Chavo, in his tribute speech he mentioned that Benoit told him the day before that he loved him.

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

damn dude... chill

I guess Clutch titled you correctly as stated....

15. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

im sorry but that was funny.

lighter note: his diving headbutt was one of the most r****ded moves in wrestling

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Haha...i never noticed that. quite fitting, yes.

17. chinesetaco

chinesetaco Contributing Member

The following famous wrestlers we all grew up and loved are dead.

Big Boss Man (Ray Traylor), Yokozuna, Bam Bam Bigelow, Legion of Doom (Road Warrior Hawk), Ravishing Rick Rude, Brian Pillman, Mr. Perfect, British Bulldog, Crash Holly, Owen Hart, Eddy Guerrero.... the list goes on and on...

18. BigTex

BigTex Member

i saw on the news yesterday that the cops think the 7 year old has been taking human growth hormone :eek:

19. codell

codell Contributing Member

Apparently, the child had a mild form of dwarfism and thats why he was taking it.

20. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Fragile X syndrome

Link Here