1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Right now, I would rather have Dickerson back !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 5, 2000.

1. vince

vince Member

Dickerson is immensly talented. But with Dickerson what you see is what you get. You get a guy who has the potential of making well 2 all-star appearances!

In Mobley you are looking at a guy who may one day become the MVP of the LEAGUE!!!

And that is the truth!!! Mobley is a guy who is the difference between a championship and a runner up role!

Dickerson is solid, but not Mobley type! Mobley was a point guard, shooting guard, and is awsome in small lineups as the small forward!!

Dickerson is fast, can score, and looks great but Vancouber would never let the fate of their team in the final minutes rest on Dickerson game afte game!

------------------
    The guns are cocked and the soldiers are in place, it's time to march and let the battles decide the war.

2. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

vince, thats exaggerating. you think mobley can win over guys like duncan, miles, garnett, carter, etc. he's a good player, but he's not great.

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Those who say Cassell and Marbury are better than Francis at this point certainly have an arguement,as do those who think Brandon is better, or at least a better point guard. Others such as Stockton, a healthy Tim Hardaway are honourable mentions as well.

If the rap on Stevie is that he doesn't have a true point guard mentality and that he spends too much time dribbling the ball, then how can you throw out Cassell and Marbury's names? Cassell dominates the ball alot more than Francis and he doesn't give you any defense or rebounding at all. As far as Marbury, here's a guy that takes more shots (I believe he took 28 last game) than Cassell or Francis would ever dream of taking. Cassell and Marbury do get assists, but they certainly don't make any of their teammates better.

As far as a healthy Tim Hardaway, well we haven't seen that in what 4 years?

Brandon is a good solid point guard that doesn't make many mistakes, but he's not better than Francis.

------------------

4. Smoke

Smoke Member

Steve is a major player. There isn't a point gaurd in the league that I would trade him for. Period. That being said, for the sake of argument, I'd even through Armstrong from the Magic into the list. However, the only point gaurd, IMO, that is a better "PLAYER" than Steve, is Gary Payton, by virtue of his all around game. Steve could become the next Payton, Isiah or Magic, leading the Rockets from the point. But, he could be another Penny or Iverson and play a different role.

DaDakota
    Say something about Shandon. He could use a boost for tonights game.

5. Lewie221

Lewie221 Member

For all these players saying that steve francis is not "a good PG yet", I'd like you to name 10 PG's better than him. I can think of three. Terrell Brandon, Jason Kidd, and Gary Payton. And all of them are veterans. When Stevie Francise has been playing for 7 years, I would like to see a better PG in the game.

------------------
    The Rockets Championship in 2001...Be-Steve-it