1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Right-hander Jake Odorizzi to Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by jim1961, Mar 6, 2021.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The disrespect to Puma

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It's not a Puma.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

It would have been easier for him to say "sure, we went out there and replaced Framber". Because of that, I am inclined to believe Click.

Chilly_Pete and Snake Diggit like this.
  4. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

is he hurt already? Why's he not starting yet?

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Oswalt perhaps the greatest Astros starting pitcher... and his number is currently worn by somebody that nobody has any issues with what-so-ever.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Signed late, so he hasn't had enough time to build up his arm strength to starter level.

Should make his first start next week.

Nook and TWS1986 like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Jake is someone that supposedly has a pretty good handle on where he is physically and in terms of his conditioning. He is the one that wanted his start date pushed back and it is usually best to defer to a veteran that says he needs more time. So far it hasn't hurt us at all. If not for dopey Joe Smith we would be undefeated.

8. donkeypunch

If Yordan keeps raking the way he is, he can do and say whatever he wants with no issue from anybody.

Nook and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. donkeypunch

Thats Mr Laforce to you.

Nook likes this.
  10. Chamillionaire

Do you think he hit Ohtani on purpose? A Japanese client of mine seems to think so.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No...why would he in that situation?

12. donkeypunch

Your Japanese client is an idiot and bias. It was a slider in the mid 80s, the bases had runners on and there were no outs.

Chamillionaire, rockbox and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

No.

Not in that situation.

I would tell your Japanese client that the Astros were repeatedly pitched inside and that Correa and Brantley were drilled by the A's, and they almost hit Yordan and Altuve.... and I don't remember the Astros retaliating. The bad blood is between the A's and Astros and the Yankees and Dodgers and Astros... not so much the Angels.

Also teams this year are trying to pitch inside to Ohtani to set him up outside.

14. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will just repeat what my Daddy told me a couple years ago........ "I can't believe this ugly beast parks his car in her garage."

dmoneybangbang and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

I'm Japanese but obviously an Astros fan(so my opinion with no biased for Ohtani or the Astros)but exactly, why hit him in that situation? Plus wasn't it a curve ball or something. If you're going to hit someone on purpose, throw a fast ball. Maybe Ohtani was mad because he wanted to get a big hit for the team but after being hit, he couldn't.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I just saw it as frustration. Ohtani knows nobody was trying to hit him in that situation... but he did get hit. This is one night after the cluster where the wild pitch on a strikeout leads to two runs scoring and he got upended at the plate with a slide.

Sort of like how most car accidents are not intentional... yet you're always pissed at whoever caused the situation, even more pissed if another previous accident just happened not too long before that.

I know he no longer wants the "special treatment" and wants to simply go out and be an everyday player. I'm all for that... but these are the inherent risks to playing the game.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. donkeypunch

19. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Not the greatest tune-up in the world, but he'll be a welcome sight in the starting rotation.

20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Odorizzi stinks.