1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rift between Lucas and Silas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Feb 12, 2023.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I tried to like a tweet while scrolling and couldn’t do it. No way this is true.

2. Nook

Nook Member

If there is friction between Lucas and Silas, I promise you Silas knows it. Lucas DGAF, he tells people exactly how he feels.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you, but I don't think Luc really cares if he does or doesn't get the job.

DaDakota likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Yes... and a tweet that is about the head coach of the same team Lucas is on... after a couple poorly coached and executed games. It is an AMAZING coincidence.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

just throw the whole FO and coaching staff away

WestendMassive likes this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I do(did) it all the time when I used Twit. Particularly when I would watch TV while scrolling. I'd sometimes pause the scroll and hold while I was looking up only to find that I had landed right on heart.

harold bingo and ashleyem like this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe his son manages his twitter.

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

To me, it’s been obvious Lucas wants the job. I don’t want that and I don’t think it’s cool. This org is not where it should be imo. This off-season I’d like to see them take the right steps towards winning again.

Hank McDowell and ashleyem like this.
  9. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We need Silas to keep coaching this team until April because we need the #1 or #2 selection in the draft. I would consider trading the #3 to #5 selection to help to get a Star. Also, I think we can work a deal with Brooklyn for some picks and swaps for Mikal Bridges.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

Lucas, ex NBA player, with big NBA hands and a big thumb.

Likely was a accident. Albeit funny one.

daywalker02 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it's a public relations thing.

It doesn't take a Lucas to realize that Silas isn't a legit coach.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This team has a large buffer zone. They can win at a decently higher rate the remaining of the season and still land one of the worst three records which are all the same in terms of probability of picks.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Exactly. Which is why they need to start learning hot to win NOW. Enough losing.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah except this is a 4-5 player draft, so teams want to lock into one of those positions.

Astrodome likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Decades of history show this. I think people are projecting their own passive aggressive tendencies.

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yes at most. I’m pretty close to saying its a 3 player draft. Worst record we do no worse than 5, so that’s the goal. If we don’t get a top 3, I’m looking hard at trading the pick.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

there is no way that John Lucas runs his own twitter. It's got to be a young niece/nephew of his or someone like that. That person probably is a Rox fan too and doesn't like Silas and now probably has twitter management duties removed lol

DeBeards likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Lucas is 69, I am sure this was a fat fingered moment....or he didn't know it would cause a ruckus or realize others could see his likes...

DD

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

he's also part of the staff and late game failures is a failure for him as well. i've also seen how is assistants during games and he's cracking jokes , dapping it up, half the time during TOs and breaks. the whole staff gotta go save mahmoud.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Both Thompson twins have a lot of talent. Amen is a legitimate top of the lottery type talent so I include him and his brother.