1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rift between Lucas and Silas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

He may also being self-critical.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

does he handle his own social media?

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This does not fit the consensus fan narrative that Silas-is-**** and has to go now.

4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I don't think any truly competitive person wants to tank. Very possible it has put out the competitive fire. Not to be disrespectful but he is older. Wouldn't be a stretch to think he just wants to run his foundation and enjoy the time he has left, he's almost 70. @Hemingway could also be correct that he's self-reflecting. Could also be a job security thing. He could have a handshake deal with Tilboi that he'll be the assistant coach as long as he wants. Again, he has quite a bit of clout around the league for his mentoring ability but not necessarily "coaching" as in x's and o's.

Maybe he's sick of Silas' happy clappy bit too. Totally possible. Any number of reasons at play here.

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

this rockets watch **** is out of control.

a rocket player had a wet fart - join grown men discussing the consistency and aroma on a call at all hours of the day.

kudos to the hosts if they are getting the shine they feel they need but it all seems pretty silly to me.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own beefing coaches thread

WestendMassive, DeBeards and Plowman like this.
  7. conquistador#11

Probably accidental but still funny.

8. fattz

fattz Member

We are historically bad and everyone even the coaching staff knows it. It’s not a surprise to anyone. Lucas doesn’t benefit from saying it out right but liking it may show that he is trying to distance himself.

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

You're assuming he hasn't talked to the front office about it. I think that is more likely than Lucas all of a sudden going rogue on a tweet.

We all see that this has gone far beyond strategic tanking. I'm sure Lucas sees that too. At the very least, he has ex-players telling him that. Even if Lucas said nothing, there's no way the front office is unaware--they just haven't chosen to do anything and by not doing anything they have made it worse. If changes can't be made internally, one option is to bring external pressure. (That's one reason we have whistleblower laws that apply to government employees.) Maybe Lucas did that calculus and decided to blow the whistle in a basketball sense.

We shouldn't be surprised about criticisms being aired going forward. It's a bad situation, it's a frustrating situation, people's careers are on the line, and beyond that there is the emotional component of sports and team. Unpleasant things will come out. Whatever Lucas's motive, this won't be the last incident. If it starts to snowball and gathers up the current players, this could get ugly fast.

It's up to the owner to fix this. Or, I guess, his son. The problem could be that the owner and son are so naïve about basketball that they are like the Boomer bosses getting bamboozled with jargon by the IT guys (Stone and Silas), who then go back to their office and yuck it up while playing video games and looking at p*rn while doing nothing to support the business. Anyway, I have no expectation that this will all get resolved in a way that restores confidence and competence to a once proud organization, but since it is my childhood team and I'm emotionally attached, here I am.

clutchdabear and Nook like this.
  10. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol dude doesn't care, players with substance abuse issues will continue to seek him out.

Nothing really changes.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People in other parts of the world are working beyond retirement.

It's common in this economy.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yeah boyyyy where you at San Antonio?!? Yall think trading players helps tanking? Were levels above you. Were in the internal staff wars to keep this tank rolling!

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Like we really needed another conspiracy theory around here ....

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I accidentally like tweets all the time and by that I mean I have never accidentally liked a tweet. This is like when p*rn showed up on the feed of one Ted Cruz and he claimed he was hacked or something. Sure Ted.

Nook likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As long as he is not learning from KPJ to toss stuff or salads at Silas, all is good.

saleem and Caesar like this.
  17. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Lucas is old school. Maybe he thought it was a subtle way to do it :)

saleem likes this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You made me laugh!

AlperenSengun likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The consensus is right.

cml750 likes this.
  20. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member