1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ricky Williams , Houstons 1st Running Back?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Francis3, Mar 15, 2000.

1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Well he didnt actually say he wanted to play here but he does want to get back close to home. Look at the things he said about new orleans.

-- Ricky Williams portrays himself as an outcast among fellow Saints and New Orleanians alike, and recommends moving the team to San Antonio in an interview hitting newsstands Wednesday.

I'd live in Austin," Williams says in the March 20 issue of Sports Illustrated. "New Orleans is a great place to hang out, but not a great place to live and work."

At Texas, where Williams set a short-lived major-college career rushing record, "There was a deep sense of pride," Williams says.

"Like my linemen -- they were so proud. When they missed a block and I got hit in the backfield, they would be right there and say, 'I'm sorry, Ricky.' You could see in their eyes that it really hurt them," Williams says.

"In New Orleans ... they'd pick me up but I never once heard anyone say, 'I'll get 'em next time,'" Williams says. "I don't know what the problem was. I think they were just too worried about themselves."

He doesnt look happy there, should we go after him later?

Ps. I know he sucked like bryce drew last year but he still has alot of talent. [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

[This message has been edited by Francis3 (edited March 15, 2000).]

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He didn't exactly suck like Bryce Drew last year.

He played the entire year hurt and still almost managed 1,000 yards.

I just wish he wouldn't have said this. The Saints have done some kick ass offseason work. People are saying they could be this upcoming season's Rams or Falcons.