1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Ricky Williams enjoys mar1juana

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketfat, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Sandy Williams told the newspaper her son is currently in India and that they had not spoken of late. She speculated that he could have tested positive for a legal supplement he is taking in connection with his yoga studies.

"I'll bet my life he's not smoking mar1juana," she told the Post on Sunday. "He's so particular about what he puts in his body now. I would just be shocked. I just don't believe he's smoking weed."

"I'm thinking maybe it was one of his [legal] supplements for his yoga school. I really just don't believe he's smoking weed."

I love his mother using the word "weed." Sounds weird coming from a mother. I'm sure she's toaked a few with him before.

2. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

The dude kicks ass when he is on the football field. Doesn't seem all together off of it, but who are we to judge so long as he isn't hurting others.

NFLers were stupid not to negotiate a weed policy more like the NBA. I have never heard of a study suggesting mar1juana is a performance enhacing substance.

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

If taking a nap or eating potato chips is your sport, then mar1juana is definitely a performance enhancing substance!!!! :D

4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Your MOM enjoys mar1juana.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My 60 year-old mother tried it for the first time in 2004. Her and my Dad had never tried it and wanted to know what the big deal was. They actually enjoyed themselves.

"Why am I hungry all of the sudden? I really want some cookies"
    -my Mom 20 minutes after smoking the first time. :D

BTW, I read somewhere else that Ricky says he told the NFL that he would be in India and that this was a missed drug test and not a failed one. This is an appealable offense. I'm assuming if he's not suspended, many of you will be issuing apologies. :)

6. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Who's a bigger loser? The man who, obviously, through prior failed piss tests, likes to partake; or the people who freak out and become the town crier when the first man fails yet another piss test?

So what! Ricky Williams failed another test. That was his choice, now he'll have to deal with the consequences. Get over it.

Pot meet Kettle.

No pun intended.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

When his selfish actions (deciding to get high yet again) affect his teammates and fans of the Dolphins, he's a loser. Loser with a capital "L". I won't even bring up all his illegitimate children and his awful parenting.

Sorry, sis, I know you're a UT-Austin fan, but this guy isn't somebody to look up to.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Of course, you don't know that he decided to get high again.

9. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Now THAT's cool

10. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

What a waste.

Watching the Olympics and seeing how hard some atheletes work and struggle to get that one shot of greatness and then seeing someone with so much natural talent just blow it away just reminds me how the universe just ain't fair.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

*allegedly*

past history isn't on his side, brah

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Please never refer to me as your brah again. That has got to be the second gheyest term ever. I've also used the first.

We'll see about the Ricky thing.

EDIT: Well, bigtexxx got his wish. Hank Goldberg reporting it was in fact an actual failed test. If true, what an idiot.

13. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

I went to UT and have never smoked a d*mn thing and I know alot of people that are the same. :rolleyes:

14. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

It's just sports, a lot bigger things go on in the universe.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think the bigger problem is him screwing over his team. It just seems that the way he goes about it screws other people over, like when Miami was a playoff team until he was suspended. If he doesn't want to play he should just retire.

16. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Sports Center is saying it's not Marjiuana this time but it's something that falls under the banned substance list.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ricky Williams has to be one of the biggest dumbasses ever!

Book 'em.

18. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

If it's steroids, does your opinion of him go up?????

Does it matter that the dope rule is a stupid, stupid rule? IF it's not performance enhancing...why is it any of the NFL's business?

It's not like they ban players for other behaviour that might be seen as detrimental to the sport.

19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Do you maintain a drug-free lifestyle? Or do you just maintain a lifestyle free of the drugs the government doesn't want you to have?

Do you drink? And if not, what about Nyquil? That's booze too. What about caffeine? Aspirin? Nicotine? They're all drugs.

20. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

If Ricky likes to smoke it, so be it. Someone else will be there to carry the ball for the Dolphins, life will go on.