1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ricky Rubio gives great advice to Alexey Shved

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by roksoer, Mar 1, 2013.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Most people play their best basketball when they are relaxed...and just play with fun and excitement... Rubio is actually being a solid teammate with those kinda words to a new player in this league...

He was on the bench because of a major injury for almost a year, and he is just telling a young guy..."i think id rather being playing than hurt or on the bench...so just enjoy playing the game..."

2. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Nah. Rubio wouldn't work well in our system. He needs the ball in his hand and is also a bad shooter. Can you image Rubio stay in the corner waiting to catch and shoot a 3 pointer?

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Member

Must be driving one of those new vw bugs around. "Eh Alexey, don't fret me brahda...you've got to turn dat frown all de way around...."

4. pnr

pnr Member

More and more as I think about the other PGs in the league, most of the "PGs" that would do well in this system are pretty much SGs

5. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

6. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Honestly those who actually WATCH Rubio would know he turns the ball over A LOT (I know since he is on my fantasy team). But his turnovers are mostly passes that are too risky, or sometimes his teammates doesn't catch it properly, and this has something to do with how he aggressively tries to make things happen. No disrespect to JLin, who I think is an above average passer, but Rubio is just wayyy ahead of Jeremy Lin in terms of passing.

7. Arthurprescott2

I still believe in Rubio. Yes, his scoring is problematic, but it will come in time. His vision is something that's unmatched in this league.

More worrisome has been his defense this season - pretty awful - he gambles a LOT. If you think our players gamble, Rubio gambles about 3 times more often. He gets a lot of steals, but he also lets a lot of guys pass by. I'm just gonna chalk that up to recovering from his injury. He can't stay in front of his man, so he's doing his best by trying for a steal.

8. Asian Sensation

I love his accent. ah-AAhh Lexyyy

9. conquistador#11

i can't imagine it. would the coaches know what to do with such a democratic baller?

The jet and diesel went into a serious debate about the democratic ball point guard vs the new wavers, shooting guards cross dressing as point guards. it was entertaining.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Translation:

uh-Alexey, I'm tired of your ugly face, change it. jk, you can't change it, so be happy and enjoy your ugly mug!

11. deekay209

deekay209 Member

This. Im surprised it took this long for someone to mention it. He would be terrible off the ball. Lin is average at best as a spot up shooter. Rubio is way worse.

12. pnr

pnr Member

Rubio is an elite passer. Some of his passes are just unbelievable. If he could shoot, he would be a way better Magic Johnson (considering his defense is also pretty elite).

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

[​IMG]

lol

1 person likes this.
  14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

rofl...

15. Little General

*Sarcasme
    Right?

16. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I like Rubio. People write off players playing in **** franchises who are who know nothing other than losing.. Give me Rubio or Wall any day over Lin.

17. Little General

I'd rather have both Lin and Rubio in the team. I don't really like Wall, so... pass*

18. TDRox

TDRox Member

"I definitely want to see the Hawks" said no one, ever.

1 person likes this.
  19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

all 3 are mediocre pg's

20. SunsRocketsfan

Rubio is not f'n terrible.. if you think so you are just a hater..
    the kid has potential.. he's smooth and has great court vision.. yes his style may give him some bonus points but he just needs to work on his shooting and the rest of his game will follow..

Lin is also not f'n terrible.. he's in a very similar boat as Rubio.. at this point you can't really say one is better than the other.. but Rubio may fit our style or with Mchale or harden better though.