1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick the Ruler Strikes Again.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Mar 20, 2014.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Speaking of derailing, what's your point about Rick Adelman again?

Because I don't think you've posted anything of substance yet.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You used false statistics. I never use false statistics, and the fact this whole thread is aimed toward me means I own you like cheap real estate .

3. tinman

Supporting Member

it's your thread. I just pointed out you are posting false statistics, now that you admitted you did that because you can't win a debate against me.

you want a comment on Rick Adelman?

He's a LEGENDARY COACH.

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Amazing. Real substance. Real value added to the discussion.

Please take your trolling somewhere else.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

your whole thread is trolling the board.

Rick Adelman had to coach several iterations of the Rockets team and he still coached a team to a playoff series win without the team's highest paid player playing.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is the discussion that is ongoing.

This was your response

You're not posting anything of any substance. Truly trolling.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

report me then.

I reported you for posting false statistics, which is what you wrote on your own thread.

that's called noticing that you are intentionally posting false information.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. What's the point of saying the Rockets have posted consistent winning seasons SINCE letting Adelman go without implying that we had NOT been posting consistent winning seasons BEFORE letting Adelman go?

Anyway, you were trying to say that the key of success was the GM, not the coach. But do you disagree that the roster before we got Harden and Howard was very mediocre, yet Adelman was able to squeeze that roster into some amazing playoff success?

9. tinman

Supporting Member

He admits the thread is NOT about Rick Adelman

10. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

I would not be so sure...for one thing Adelman's offense revolves around a big man that can shoot jumpers and pass out of the high post. Chris Webber was a phenomenal passer out of the high post. He solved the problem that Yao had with people fronting him (under JVG) by bringing Yao out to the high post and passing to cutters. This current Rockets team does not have a similar player . Unless Dwight Howard learned how to shoot jumpers this personnel would not be that effective in that system. Dwight is a decent passer out of double teams but I have never seen him play from the high post. Also Harden is more effective with the ball in his hands than cutting and setting back screens that Adelman requires the guards to do. We can only speculate but this personnel does not fit a a Adelman offense.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I wont reply to the troll post above yours.

But, the point of that (in relevance to the context it was said in during that back and forth) was that the Rockets have done just as well with McHale. There has been no real drop off from a hall of fame coach to an inexperienced one in McHale.

Morey deserves credit for finding us a solid new coach. Especially considering a lot of people at the time called out Morey for getting rid of Rick and hiring McHale.

That's the point. Letting Adelman go did not set us back like many thought. So what was Adelman's significance if the drop off was minimal?
    <br>
    The roster was mediocre and Adelman did squeeze out success. That being said, what does it matter? McHale had time here before getting both Howard and Harden and still posted a winning percentage.

On top of that, this year McHale has lead us to our best record (thus far) in about two decades.

So the point remains. In retrospect the Rockets did the right thing letting Adelman go. He was never the answer. Do you agree or disagree?

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Daryl Morey got this point by clearing enough space so he can get max players.

In order to do that, he had to get rid of his current max players.

It started in 2010.

February 18 2010
    Traded guard Tracy McGrady to the New York Knicks for forwards Jared Jeffries and Jordan Hill, a protected 2012 first-round pick and the right to exchange first-round picks in 2011; traded forwards Carl Landry and Joey Dorsey to the Sacramento Kings for guard Kevin Martin and center Hilton Armstrong.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

I find it odd that it is actually possible for people to use the logic of "past accomplishment = future success" so casually for coaches but never with players.

Nobody ever says, "We should get Vince Carter, he may not be playing well now, but remember when he played for the Raptors and was dunking over everyone? Look at all his all-star appearances and accomplishments!"

Yet if someone brings up the failings of a coach who's old and no longer winning, it's common to see, "Well, look at what he's done. He's a HOF coach. Therefore he MUST be still good."

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Yeah, it's really odd. In 4 years Adelman accomplished as much as JVG did here. And yet for some reason he's still regarded as having accomplished this and that with the Rockets. He didn't do anything.

He was basically washed up by the time he got here. His offense was still fine. But aside from "Adelman guys" in Brooks/Landry/Bud he did terrible helping along the young players the Rockets got.

On top of that he (obviously) had a large say in bringing in washed up vets that didn't do well for the club.

Perhaps the best part of McHale is that he knows he has no say in front office decisions and just works with what he gets.

-His assistant coaches? Morey had a say in.
    -His players? Morey has full say in
    -Drafts? Morey decides
    -Offensive scheme? More or less Morey designed

None of these things were possible under Adelman and it was a huge net negative on the Rockets.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

wont lie, i laughed at the tinman style posts. nice touch

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Btw isn't it true that Adelman was unsuccessful in Houston?

I mean after all:

What did Adelman win? :confused:

17. tinman

Supporting Member

He won lots of games with or without his stars

18. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't post false statistics . That's all dudehah.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

There were never any false statistics. You're being petty and perpetuating false allegations. I'm gonna need you to stop slandering me.

I clarified in the post below and edited all the ones beforehand to accurately portray the one word I mistakenly left out.

<a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=8792671&postcount=50"]http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=8792671&postcount=50">As I explained here.</a>

#79 DudeWah, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

You are a Liar. you are purposely look to discredit Adelman and since I called out your false statistics, you went back and changed it.

You are like McGrady when he said he was "BACK".

You even admitted that you created this thread because of me.

False statistics and not even linking to them. Very Sad dude. Even the Jeremy Lin fans are shaking their heads.