1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick the Perry Challenges Nancy Pelosi to Debate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think he needs to worry about debating people in his own party first.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Perry is flaming and burning. He's officially a dead duck in my book just like Cain. The guy is such a big joke and went WAAAAAAY more off the tracks than I ever dreamed. His proposal to make Congress part-time like the Texas Legislature was the last straw. How incredibly dumb can a well-financed campaign be? Perry's has set the new standard.

4. jo mama

jo mama Member

im starting to think someone has some dirt on pointy-boots and he is being blackmailed into acting the way he has. perhaps there might be some truth to all those gay rumors floating around austin the last decade.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

In other Perry news:
    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/16/8848876-perry-says-obama-grew-up-in-a-privileged-way

Perry says Obama 'grew up in a privileged way'

Gov. Rick Perry on Wednesday night said President Barack Obama "grew up in a privileged way" and that America's foreign policy reputation has suffered because of the president's "mentality that he's the smartest guy in the room."

"It reveals to me that he grew up in a privileged way," Perry said of Obama when asked by host FOX News host Sean Hannity to comment on the president's recent comment that American business interests have been "lazy" in their approach to the global economy. "He never had to really work for anything."

"This president has never felt that angst that they have in their heart," he added, referring to the nation's 14 million unemployed. "And I think he's always, when he has had problems, he's always pointed to somebody else and said it's their fault, not mine."

Obama's rise to the presidency was powered in part by his personal narrative as the son of a young white mother who was at times dependent on food stamps after her black husband deserted her. Obama later went on to become the first black president of the Harvard Law Review.

Perry, who grew up poor in rural Texas and frequently jokes about his poor college grades, added in his interview with Hannity that Obama's perceived intellect has contributed to the decline of the United States in its relationships with other nations.

"His thinking that he's the smartest guy in the room has hurt America around the world, particularly when it comes to foreign policy. And I think that mentality of 'I'm the smartest guy in the room and therefore it couldn't be my fault' is really hurting America. And we need a president who has been through their ups and downs in life, and understands what it's like to have to deal with the issues in our economy that we have today in America."

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Perry: I'm an idiot. I know I'm an idiot. Everybody else knows I'm an idiot and that will help us in foreign policy.

7. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Is that supposed to be Jackie Chan?

9. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

What a moron!

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Nancy Pelosi disses Perry...

TRENDING: Third reason Pelosi can't debate Perry slips her mind

Posted by
    CNN Congressional Producer Xuan Thai

Washington (CNN) - House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi declined Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry's debate invitation and poked a little fun at the Texas governor while she was at it.

"He did ask if I could debate here in Washington on Monday," Pelosi said, responding to a question about Perry's invitation. "It is my understanding that such a letter has come in. Monday I'm going to be in Portland in the morning and I'm going to be visiting some of our labs in the afternoon, that's two, I can't remember what the third thing is I'm going to be doing."

Pelosi was ribbing Perry for his recent debate gaffe when he couldn't recall the third government agency he would shut down if elected president during an awkward 54 seconds of air time.

Gov. Perry responded through his personal and campaign twitter accounts saying, "Something @NancyPelosi would like to forget: passing a 2k-page gov takeover of healthcare without reading it. American ppl haven't forgotten."

According the newspaper The Hill, Perry sent a letter to Pelosi saying, "I am in Washington Monday and would love to engage you in a public debate about my Overhaul Washington plan versus the congressional status quo. I think it would be a tremendous service to the American people to see a public airing of these differences," he continued. "Let the people decide. If Monday doesn't work, perhaps we could find a time in Iowa over the course of the next month to discuss these issues in front of the people of America's heartland."

Gov. Perry's Overhaul Washington plan includes cutting Congress to a part-time body.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/17/third-reason-pelosi-cant-debate-perry-slips-her-mind/

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

that ******* needs to be in jail.

12. glynch

glynch Member

Rick is a moran ,but in his own simple way he has a good sense of humor. The writers as John Stewart or Colbert could not dream this up.

Anyone check to see if this is an Onion Story?

13. glynch

glynch Member

Perry does have a point. Obama did grow up in a privileged way compared to the impovershed intellectual atmosphere Rick Perry grew up in This a a Hail Mary pass by poor Rick and it does wring true. Obama does come off as an elitist and it hurts him in retail politics with ordinary workers.

14. glynch

glynch Member

I think that Rick is carrying water for the GOP and Romney on this one. Romney of course is the one guy who makes Obama not looks so stiff or elitist. Obama's background was not purely elitist, but since he went away to an elite ptivate college at eighteen, his whole world has been associating with the elite.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Lol, I think I'm going to go with the guy who actually is the smartest guy in the room. Doesn't matter that he knows it's true.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Next for Perry: Obama is privileged because I hear their people are endowed with certain gifts. It's twue, It's twue!

17. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I feel like you could have this on SNL and it would get more laughs than most sketches.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, that's freakin' hilarious. This from a man who became a millionaire while working damn near his entire life for the state government in one capacity or another. Explain that, Governor.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Which is ironically unfair, because a black guy without an Ivy degree probably would have never gotten the contacts or opportunities necessary to become President. As opposed to, say, a dog-dumb, overconfident white boy with halfway decent people skills.