1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick sends Von to the locker room (UPDATE: Adelman says issue settled)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, May 7, 2009.

1. Art7

Art7 Member

lol
    if adelman not going to play wafer
    then let him go
    wasting talent
    if i was in wafer position i would of done the same thing
    if u dont need me
    let me go

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

that's not the point. wafer adds a lot to the bench b/c it allows us to go 8-9 deep in the playoffs.

also, i dont care what his stats are. when he is in the game, we seem to be WINNING (extending leads, cutting into deficits).

bench > starting unit this entire playoffs.

3. seb_town

seb_town Member

RA is a human master, Ron is his pet cat, Von is only sweeter.

4. Hoangywoangy

Hoangywoangy Member

5. choujie

choujie Member

I don't think Wafer has been deciding factor in playoffs. Without Wafer we'd still go this far.

In 8 playoff games so far, Rox won 5 of those games, Wafer had a positive +/- in 3 games only. total +/- is -4, while the teams total +/- is +27.

When Wafer is playing, we SEEM to be winning, but ACTUALLY not. That's why Wafer is the most overrated player on Rockets. The defensive rotaion he missed and the lose ball he couldn't get is more than enough to offset his occational good offense.

6. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Give White a shot!

7. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Yes, i agree.
    Most fans always think from one direction.
    The coach have much more basketball knowledge than us.

8. forwardman

forwardman Member

for your opinion, Ron also should give us a public apology for his ejection in the fourth period of last night’s game?
    It's not time to quarrel,come up firing in game 3. lets kick kobe and the lakers a**!

9. BleedsRocketRed

Based on the entire season. He was probably one of the most important bench players this season and the sole reason why our bench is as deep as it is.

So spare me the... "based on what"

10. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

+/- stat is stupid , what about Yao in the first series, he was horrible for a couple of games and his - was awful. so then by your logic Yao is worthless and Chuck Hayes is the best player in the Rockets. Game 2 it was all Wafer he kept the Rox in the game , but they lost, because everyone else sucked

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

He would give up 25ppg on defense.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Wafer and the rest of the bench usually play against the other team's bench. You're aware of this? In the second half, starters tend to play more minutes.

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Hell Sasha Vujacic made him look like a fool and exposed his lack of ball handling in game 1. Just imagine if that was Battier or Artest.

Von Wafer will be a solid bench player spark plug off the bench, or a lottery team starting SG.

14. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Throughout the season and in the playoffs, we see Adelman going with two little guys instead of a PG and Wafer. Also, Wafer is playing less minutes than Landry. If Deke is still available, he will be playing more minutes than Wafer. That's an 8-player rotation already without Wafer. Though we have two great wing players already in Artest and Shane, still it shows that Wafer does not have the same degree of trust (than other guys regularly coming off the bench) from the coaching staff.

There must be a reason behind that. The incident may just be the surface of the iceberg. When coming to contract talking, scoring ability is just one part of the business though a fairly important part. Wafer should be grown enough to control his emotion in the critical time of a playoff game.

Let's compare him to Hayes. Too often you see Hayes being taken out of the game while he had several outstanding defense stops, when did you see him go off to the head coach. When he was inserted to the lineup, he immediately did his things. A guy cares more of the team win over his own statistics. For Wafer, can you say the same thing?

Wafer is a role player, he need to accept this role or he sure will find difficulty in locating the next contract. Now tell me who is going to hand over a starting role for Wafer

15. choujie

choujie Member

Yao has 5 + games in 8 games, with another -1. Over all he's +10 including the terrible game 2 last night. Go figure.

16. choujie

choujie Member

He was one of the most important bench player in the regular season, that I agree. But saying without Wafer we wouldn't be here is ridiculous. He played some good games and some bad games, contributed in some winning and contributed in some losing. With/without Wafer, we'd still be here.

17. kwng

kwng Member

I am surprised with all the remarks on Von. He is still young and maybe slightl emotional (this is his first playoffs year). By the way, we do not know what actually happened between him and Adelman.If coach said it's settled, I guessed it's probably just a misunderstanding or it's a just a big issue. I think Von is quite good in scoring and creating his shots.

As for White, I am not sure is he up to the mark and based on his contribution, he averaging near zero pts. He is still young and I have not seen enough so I am still looking for signs of a great investment.

18. kwng

kwng Member

I mean it's not a big issue.

19. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

+/- involves everybody who is on the court, Wafer is playing with the backups.

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yes we do. Adelman said on the 10 o clock news tonight when asked what the issue with Von was, "He wanted to stay in the game. I don't have a problem with that. But you go about it a certain way. Not like he did. And it's not the first time, either." Didn't seem happy at all, IMO.