1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick sends Von to the locker room (UPDATE: Adelman says issue settled)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, May 7, 2009.

1. Art7

Art7 Member

all i ahve to say is this
    if adelman cant find minutes for wafer
    let him go next year

i will laugh hard if wafer turn out to be next rudy gay
    or roy

2. code_red

code_red Member

Wafer was in the wrong. The coach can take you out for whatever reason, and whenever he wants.

Wafer should be thankful that Adelman has saved his career. Wafer could be in the Euro League by now if Adelman had not played him and given him minutes.

That's not the way to treat the coach that saved your NBA career. Big disappointment for Wafer's behavior.

3. ebu

ebu Member

i would of kept landry in the game over scola to start the 2nd half...he did a great job in the 2nd and deserved to run with the starters considering the way he was beasting

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This isn't exactly Mad Max quitting in the playoffs.

5. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

nba is full of talent young player.
    i will not have any feeling even if wafer become next kobe
    if he leave rockets.
    we need a professional player.

6. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Yeah right, Roy was drafted late, and waived by his first team, goes 1 on 5 every single possession, never plays defense except for fouling, and doesn't want to accept coach's substitution pattern during an important second round playoff game.

7. BleedsRocketRed

Guys look at it. Wafer playes with a passion, a swagger. You can see he loves being on the court.

Now put yourself in his shoes, and put yourself in last nights game. Would you have wanted to come out also after being through one of my most bull**** quarters in Rockets history?

Yeah I dont think so either. It was a heat of the moment reaction. Sure it has to do with immaturity, but in a way I really dont blame him.

And to all you fools saying good riddence. We wouldnt even be here if it wernt for him, so please go take your bandwagon asses elseware.

8. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Rick Aldeman needs to give the man more playing time I mean after ROn Ron got out of the game no one else was scoring and yao was being fronted and double team. The only other player on our team that can get create shots is Wafer. Open your eyes Rick..

9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Wafer already F**KED up when Artest was tossed.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I agree DD. But if we can get an upgrade at his spot would you take it?

I say this because we almost got Carter and reports are that might happen in the offseason. If that happens Wafer gets Barry minutes and then we have 6 contracts at the 2 and the 3. Not to mention Coach likes to play Lowry at the 2. ANd with Wafer playing so well he is sure to command a chunk of the MLE. But how can you give him that if You pay Artest what he will require. Artest is a 12 million dollar baby at least.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Of course, but I think Wafer is just scratching the surface, he is a 20ppg player if he was playing starters minutes.

DD

12. hradhak

hradhak Member

There's no doubt Wafer's a good player.
    But this seems to happen a lot in all the major sports. Guys who are really talented who just don't have it together mentally. There's a reason GMs put so much stake in character issues.

13. choujie

choujie Member

And couldn't pull down one rebound to save his life with such an athleticism.

14. choujie

choujie Member

I don't think so. When he started, he came out with a lot points in 1st half, then went for 0 in 2nd half after teams adjusted on him.

Imaging Battier or Artest guards Wafer, he'd be lucky to score more than 8 points. It's easier for an unknown guy to look good.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i agree with you, and that's why i dont think the rockets should jump the gun on resigning either ron or von until they know who they are bringing in with a tmac trade.

also, i don't think ron will cost near $12M. if DM lets the market determine his value by waiting to see what offers he gets, i think we will be pleasantly surprised. basically, who out there has the cap space and the motivation to sign ron for more than he's making now?

16. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

You are saying 99.9% players don't want to win, including all those super stars, or at least they don't want to win as bad as Wafter wanted? There is big difference between "what one wants to do" and "what one must do". This is the highest level of PROFESSIONAL sport, I thought this doesn't need to be taught any more.

Bandwagon asses? So RA should knee down and beg for Wafer's forgiveness?

17. grantwang

grantwang Member

i don't agree your opinion, von has lots of fans in china, even we will have a joke on some one when he play good in bball game, we say: how did you play bball like wafer!!!!

18. choujie

choujie Member

Based on what?

In 4 wins against Portland, Wafer averaged 7 points on 36% shooting.

In the win against Lakers, Wafer's line: 0pt/0rb/0ast/oblk/0stl, 2TO/1foul/2missed shots.

Wafer is overrated so much nowadays.

19. forwardman

forwardman Member

Every one can make mistakes expecially for the young guys.Wafer plays very passionate and attractive,he maybe also do something wrong on impulse.He just want to win the game and please don't tease him again.Draw together and go ahead!

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wafer taking out his public humiliation, justly administered, on the Lakers would be the ideal bookend to this kerfluffle. Coach is right. Pulling this crap during a game is wrong. Pulling this crap late in a critical playoff game is inexcusable. The last thing Adelman needed was to deal with a prima donna. I don't care how "competitive" a player is. Substitutions are the pervue of the coach. The player does whatever is asked, no questions asked, until after the game. An Olajuwon or a Jordan? Maybe, but even though they might have a large influence on going in and out of a game, ultimately they do what they are told as well. If they don't like it? They deal with it later.

Von Wafer deserves no sympathy at all, IMO, and hasn't a leg to stand on. He should issue a public apology.