1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Rubin producing the next U2 album/Plus Abbey Road week one

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I don't know what to make of this. It sounds interesting and could mean a very different album from these guys considering Rubin's MO is stripping things down. I would assume the Edge's delay effects wouldn't fit in that style, but we'll see. I'm taking bets on how long before Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno are brought in to finish the album.

Here's a report on the first week of recording. Click the link for some pics from inside Abbey Road.
    http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1982

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

"There's been a lot of talk about this next song!!! This song is not a rebel song!!!! This song is........I got 99 problems but a b**** ain't one!!!!!"

Seriously, it should be interesting. Maybe now they'll kick out a flat out rockin' album like Boy or October. Of course, I said the same thing about Weezer when Rubin worked with them on their last album, and it sucked so bad that they broke up!

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Don't remind me :(

4. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm excited.

Rubin produced The Mars Volta -De-Loused in the Comatorium, not too long ago and I love that album.

I think the problem with the Weezer album was just that Weezer shouldn't have been making an album. Producers can produce, but they can't write the album for you. I'm sure Bono and the Edge have a lil more left in the creativity tank than a depressed Rivers.