1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick A's Assistants

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texas Stoke, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Who are they?

Where did they come from?

What do they do?

Jack Sikma, thats all I know. he's the big tall dude, I think. he's the only one who seems to give a damn. who are the two african american assisstants who just sit on their rears trying to act cool by not caring too much? whats their names? in two years i have not seen them get emotinally pissed even once at the officialls for bad calls against Yao. Thibedoau was the man.
    Clifford was swell too. These two stiffs in suites need to follow Adelman right out of town and take Adelmans son with them.

2. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

Smoking doobies with Tmac before the game make you want to just chill in your seat and not do much.

3. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

are you nuts...tr dunn great guy and great defensive mind and elston turner is considered to be a head coach in waiting. i know nothing about adelman's son or the others on the staff, but the bench assistants are top notch. and so were van gundy's assistants...thibodeau, clifford, ewing and greer...its not the assistant coaches who are struggling, its the players.

4. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

You're judging assistant coaches by the emotions they show in-game...which you have no idea about since the camera probably pans to them only a couple of times...and since when is displaying their emotions part of the job description?

Also, google's your friend.

...that said,

5. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

I like how you admit to not knowing who they are and what they do and then slam them!! If getting crazy on the court means good coaching we should just get Don Nelsons drunk ass.

6. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

lolz maybe Rick needs to stand up and take more T's and an ejection to show his true emotion maybe that would light a fire lolz.

7. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

TR dunn was an all defensive team defender in his day,He was one of the best defenders in the league playing against Bird,magic,jordan.

Elston Turner was also a great defender during his playing days and is considered a coach ready given the chance.

Bottomline is the rockets need more than 4 points a game from a guy making 20 million dollars a season. If Tracy plays to his worth then we wouldn't be making up threads blaming assistant coaches who are not part of the problem.

8. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Holy crap, do you really not know who Jack Sikma is?

Actually I've always wondered whether or not Sikma works with Yao one on one.

9. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I don't think Rick ever got a T in his life, he sure won't speak up and get fined like Gundy did for Yao.

10. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

now i really dont wanna take it there because im sure you have been flamed enough, but if you had simply asked who were the other assistants instead of the two african american assistants, these would have been avoided.

They are not the only black guys on on Adelman's staff either, and this comes after praising Jack Sikma, who is noticeable un-black, then you slam the black ones explicitly.

Again, not trying to start anything, just making a point

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Now assistant coaches are not assisting with HEART?

We talking ASSISTANT COACHES?

12. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

kind of how some posters praise Landry while slamming Scola, you mean? I get it. But thats not what Im doing. I praise Sikma because he shows emotion. Thats what this thread is about. Coaches showing passion on the bench. Sikma is the only one who does that. I say give Sikma the head coaching gig, not cause he's whiter than Adelman but because he shows more passion and gets pissed off angry on the sidelines. you feel me dawg?

13. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

No, I don't "feel you dawg". This is beyond ridiculous -- slamming coaches you don't even have a clue about because they're not losing their marbles on the bench?

Sometimes I wonder if people even take time to actually think before they make threads.

14. Htown57

Htown57 Member

It's not an assistant's job to show emotion or argue with refs. That's the coach's job. An assistant who costs the team with a technical foul deserves to be taken out back and shot.

Our assistant coaches do almost the entirety of our defensive game-planning, on an alternating basis (sikma takes one game, then turner, then dunn, according to the chron a while back).

I'll agree that the comment about the "african american guys" who "sit there and try to look cool" is borderline--please be careful how you phrase things.

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I really like Elson Turner as a coach. Whenever Rick calls it quits, he's our guy and he knows how to coach defense to boot.