1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Adelman to coach Timberwolves

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sydeffect, Sep 12, 2011.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha thanks I guess but not trying to own anyone. I dont have a say one way or the other.

2. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Calm down. When I read, “Adelman complained about Morey using metrics,” I took it as Adelman complained publicly about Morey’s statistical approach. So I just wanted to see that, and I’m not the only one. Juan, who from his posts seems pretty understanding of the whole Adelman situation, asked the same thing.

Yes, I do remember this difference in philosophy stuff being speculated as some of the reason for the split. Feigen also says right there that it was exaggerated as a source of real conflict.

Anyway, not sure why something so simple as asking to see complaining turned into “defensive Adelman fans thinking he’s perfect” but thanks for letting me know about the insider thing CX, and thanks for the sources, hsf.

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

No problem. And that wasn't directed at you. Some others get a bit too sensitive when it comes to Adelman.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

it wasn't the use of statistics, its the gm telling him how to coach. why are rehashsing this, he's gone let him be.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The whole thing was started by some anti-Adelman troll with an agenda. Not sure why it wasn't ignored in the first place.

6. Nook

Nook Member

What "agenda" do I have exactly? I even said that RA was a good coach.... however I do find it odd that the supposed disconnect and reasoning has changed and started to be inline with what a number of posters have pointed out when this whole mess started, and was immediately dismissed by a number of posters including you Freak.

Now we know RA was willing to coach a team that is not going to compete, that he is willing to take a contract for more than one year, that he indeed does want his family members involved in his staff and now that he will utilized metrics, but that his son will do it.

A divorce is a divorce, and I would hire RA in a heart-beat if our team was in a different situation... but the picture painted as it all was Morey's fault is simply not accurate. RA wanted to coach AND have a huge say in the trades and moves made by the GM. This was not a one sided case of encroachment by Morey.

I am not posting anything else on it... it is done to me. Confirmation has been provided and I am confident in what happened and did not happen.

1 person likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know why it was perceived as "defensive" when all I wanted to do was to set the record straight. It wasn't even about whether Adelman is a good coach. What you said in the above quoted paragraph was exactly what should be pointed out.

Some posters said that Adelman was gone because he "complained" about using stats in coaching. They said that he wouldn't want to coach a rebuilding team. They said that he wouldn't want to commit to a team's long term well-being.

All these have been shown false, yet they were still rehashed as facts.