1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Adelman to coach Timberwolves

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sydeffect, Sep 12, 2011.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Love and the Adelmans have been tight for years; it probably ensures he stays. I wonder if RA might move him into a hybrid 4/5 role?

2. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Rambis tried Love at the 5 for a stretch. To say it was a disaster would be an understatement.

3. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Hold back? 30 transactions in 2 years with no superstar and somehow the GM gets absolutely no blame:confused:

In reality, Rick will tremendously help the Wolves next season and make more of a difference than Mchale will in his whole tenure here as Morey's puppet

4. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

Morey is a great proven coach that just landed with a team with a lot of young talent ... good for him .... Rockets are a veteran based team with some glimmer of hope with an unproven coach and unsure days ahead.

with that being said the west is still the west and is extremely competitive ... lets count the playoff teams

1) Lakers (lock)
    2) San Antonio (lock)
    3) Dallas (Lock)
    4) OKC (Lock)
    5) Denver (Lock)
    6) Portland (Lock)

that leaves 2 spots as always to compete for in the playoffs and the teams that are competing this upcoming year for those are .... well everyone else really ... Utah... New Orleans ... Memphis ... Phoenix.... Rockets... Clippers... Golden State... Sacramento ... and now even Minnesota ...

Rockets nor Minnesota are front runners in that pack and depending on injuries and the season ... i don't see either team really making it ... thats a realistic approach ..

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Memphis went to 7 games in the 2nd round despite Rudy Gay's injury, yet you have the Nuggets as playoffs locks in front of them?

6. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The Wolves are a good fit for him, because they have the right players for his system. The team does not have any players that need to have the ball in their hands & go 1 on 1.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Really? Rubio has struggled in Europe under a very similar offense. Beasley and Randolph are very inefficient shooters and make poor choices with the ball... to major issues for an Adelman system (a very good system IMO).

If you mean Love... then yeah.

8. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

T-Wolves definitely have some talent. Love is beastly. But I already forsee Beasley in Adelman's dog house from Day 1. I like Beasley's game, so hopefully he can dig out. Then its just wait and see with Ricky Rubio. I'm happy they just gave us Johnny Flynn if in fact Lowry does get the same treatment as Aaron Brooks did.

Good luck, Rick. No hard feelings at all.

9. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I wonder if he'll keep Derrick Williams on the bench...

10. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Agreed. I think the T-Wolves are a perfect fit for him, and probably work better for his system than the Rockets did.

11. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I don't see how you put the Spurs and Lakers in front of the Mavs. The Spurs should probably be a lot lower on the list. Same goes for Denver. Memphis should probably 6th and Portland 5th.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...It won't happen overnight, but they'll be much improved this year...

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The guy that wins is Darko...
    Perfect for Adelman's offense...

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Just checking to see if my sarcasm meter is functioning properly.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you watched Darko much? The guy is not a bad player by any means.

In essentially a princeton offense where Darko can be placed a bit further away from the basket, ala Brad Miller, I think he will be solid, he is already a decent enough defender/shot blocker... Nikola Vucevic is pretty nice too...

Luke Ridnour/Ricky Rubio
    Wesley Johnson/Martell Webster
    Michael Beasley
    Kevin Love/Anthony Randolph
    Darko Milicic/Nikola Vucevic

That's not toooooo bad...

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Agree, reminds me of Chris webber.

17. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

i see the t wolve being a good team in the future. the talent is there. i mean they do have derrick williams, who is actually playing good in these summer street ball lockout games. then you got anthony randolph who played alot better since being traded to the t wolves from the knicks. he can be a force off the bench. then you got an underrated talent in wesley johnson who is athletic, and can score anywhere on the floor, then beasley is also a potential force off the bench also. and luke and rubio are decent point guards, and i don't have to talk about love so the talent is there. rick's coaching can potentially turn this team into a good offensive team.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I hope you're joking and referring this:

Skip to 1:40
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iGZebWRJWg4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Yeah, having a healthy Gay will make Memphis ever more dangerous. Denver's roster is very uncertain atm, they can lose NeNe, Chandler and Affalo. Dont forget George Karl has health issues.

Dallas, Lakers, Spurs, OKC, Memphis and Portalnd are the teams that look to have guaranteed top eight entry. While Denver can make it if they can keep their core together.

That last spot will be hard to compete for (duh). Rockets, Utah and Clippers can be fierce competitors if they make some good trades. So Morey needs to do his thing.

Hornet's future is way too uncertain, if the lockout kills this season then CP3 is gone and they are left with Ariza and Oakafor. Phoenix only has Nash and Gortat. The rest wont have a chance.

20. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Having to have to suffer from watching Rambis try to have his triangle offense initiate through Darko all of last year, I feel the need to strangle anyone left who suggests this ever again. I mean, he's such an amazing passer, with his 1.5 assists a game and 2.2 turnovers a game.:rolleyes:

And Vucevic was drafted by the Sixers.