1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Adelman on why Terrence Williams isn't in the rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2011.

1. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Yeah guys he deserves the playing time, it's not like his career ORTG-DRTG is -19 and his career FG% is .399.

HE CLEARLY HAS EARNED IT BASED ON MERIT DERRRRP.

2. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Well for one, defense :rolleyes:

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

this team doesnt need defense :)

4. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

How come there is no video of Terrence Williams playing? :confused:

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Doesn't know about? Saying fix my roster in political speech isn't obvious enough?

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Sorry Rick, this doesn't work man.

You don't know what he can do?

Here is an idea...FIND OUT WHAT HE CAN DO!

With this attitude you would have never played Brooks or anyone on the roster because you don't know what they can do.

Why did we trade for him you ask? Maybe because this team isn't very good, therefore changes are needed rather than trotting out the same starting 5 and expecting something more than what they can do.

7. Happii

Happii Member

That was exactly what I was thinking when Morey traded for Williams. Until either the PG or SF gets traded or injured I just don't see Adelman playing Williams. The guy is talented and all that but if there is no spots in the rotation for him, I can't really see him play.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Here is the thing, Rick differs from Morey. He said so in this interview where he says he doesn't know why we traded for him.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

OMG...CAN WE JUST WAIT UNTIL THE FEB 24TH!!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!

THE GUY WILL GET TO PLAY OK????????

HES A MEGASTUD...BUT HE WILL PLAY AFTER FEB 24TH!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THIS WILL SEEM LIKE THE MOST RIDICULOUS DISCUSSION WHEN YOU LOOK BACK ON THIS AFTER THE TRADE DEADLINE...

UHHHHHH MY HEAD HURTS...

10. Happii

Happii Member

Did you even watch the video? Rick said that there is no spots left in the rotation for him. The reason Williams is not playing is not because he has no skill or anything, it is because there is no spot left in the rotation for him.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. RA sure looks like "Dead Coach Talking" to me.

Don't understand all the fuss over a head case player who was rescued from the D-League. This is a lot like all of the gleeping over Hill until he started playing which then led to folks turning on him. Same thing happened with Budinger.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

When we got Kevin Martin was there a spot on the roster? When Miller comes back I'm sure there will be a spot on the roster for him as well. There is always spot on the roster for Brooks.

If Rick though Williams was a good player he would play him.

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You make several good points here but I keep going back to the assertion that Morey has assembled this valuable "cache" of trade assets. If that is truly the case, them why are they still here? How is it that other teams can make deals while Morey continues to sit on this pot of potential NBA gold? Not saying that a deal won't be made but his stockpiling of like players has not produced wins and shouldn't that the ultimate objective here?

14. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

Agreed^^^[/QUOTE]

RA was willing to juggle his rotation with hill, brad, ppat, and jeffrier. i don't see any one of them is better than other. why did he do that? just try to find a good combination to win games.

per RA's own language, tw can't get play time due to no spot for him coz he came too late and not coz he is not good as other player. tw has to wait until someone plays badly. sorry RA. the team sucks right now. if he thinks all rotation players are doing good, then problem must be coach.

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i don't understand how ppl can say don't change if everything is good in our case. our rox sucks right now. changes are needed. if you don't change, this team is going to be bottom dweller forever.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Twill essentially replaced a lesser clone of himself who was at the end of the bench, and some of you expect Adelman to shove him somehow into an already crowded backcourt/wing rotation in the middle of the season? That's what I inferred what Adelman meant by not having a spot for Twill when we traded for him, because the guy he replaced (Jermaine Taylor), wasn't in the rotation either. Morey has already stated in the past that he always leaves it to the coaching staff on who plays and how many minutes, I'm sure he knew it would be tough for Adelman to work Twill into the rotation at this point of the season, just because on the basis of what players he gave Adelman already.

The Martin trade comparison doesn't fly, cause Martin already knew Adelman's system, was filling a position that we had no true SGs for (Shane and Ariza weren't 2s), was traded for another player that was in the rotation (Landry), and last but not least I'm sure Adelman was on board with this trade. That's not to say he won't eventually give Twill his chance, but Twill has a longer ladder to climb to get into the Rockets rotation.

I don't know if Morey shows up to practice a lot, but wondering if Clutch can ask him a few questions about TWill's situation and other pertinent state of the Rockets questions.

#116 v3.0, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  17. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I call BS by Adelman. Right when the question was asked RA was shaking his head. Obviously, Terrence Williams is in his doghouse. :mad:

18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

That sounds like "I didn't want him here, I don't know why we traded for him." Disheartening to see there's such a disconnect between the coach and FO.

Also, I'm becoming less and less of a fan of RA's ability to control the rotation.

19. highlander3128

The scary thing is that Adelman is contented with the current squad.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Huh? Let's not go that far. They are completely different players.