1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Adelman on Jim Rome ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by matac3, Feb 6, 2009.

1. matac3

matac3 Member

Rick will be on the Jim Rome show on sports radio 610 sometime between 1pm-2pm central time to talk about the rockets season

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You know Rome is gonna kiss ass while he's there, and then talk about how crappy the Rox are afterwards.

Hope it's interesting...
    wish i had tivo :(

3. matac3

matac3 Member

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ohhhh yeahhhh forgot that douche even has his own radio show!

My bad! lol

thanks for the link... ;)

5. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

I used to seriously dislike Jim Rome, but over the last half-year or so I've grown to actually like his radio show. Do I listen to it for great analysis about sports? No. Do I take anything he says very seriously? No. Do I listen to his show for his numerous sound clips? Do I listen to his show for unbelievably unnecessary rants? Yes and Yes. :cool:

At the very least it's entertaining in the middle of the day. Monsters of the Midday? Nooo... Mike Tirico and Scott Van Pelt are also a good listen for the most part. They just happen to talk about the most inane stuff happening in football a large part of the time.

#5 JusBleezy, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  6. verti89

verti89 Member

Ah i Can't stand rome but his show has really great guests. I don't like how rome's rants that last for 20 minutes, and his completely random sense of humor. One guy says something and he 'racks' him and thinks its awesome, another guy says something along the same lines and gets bashed and hung up on. And then there is the intentional dead air pauses...either way ill be listening LOL

7. slickman120

slickman120 Member

rick adleman on the jim rome show

Jim rome said on the third hour he is going to be talking with rick about how well he has kept the rockets in the hunt for the playoffs despite the injuries and rotation. So catch it or let us fans know what happened if we don't hear it. Thanks...

8. matac3

matac3 Member

I agree, he gets annoying but there isnt anything else to listen to online thats better than his show at that time.

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

you can't listen online to 610, can you?

10. matac3

matac3 Member

Yes, you can listen online...

click on this link and on the left side of the page will say "listen now". .. click that to hear it online...

http://www.sportsradio610.com/

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

ok, now i see it, thank you

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Lord I can't stand this man.. someone tell me when Rick is on.

13. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

so are they on now?

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Jim's reply to you:

<object classid="clsid:D<param name="movie" value="http://soundboard.com/sb/playerskins/singleTrackPlayer.swf?trackURL=http://soundboard.com/mediafiles/NTI5NDE1NDgyNTI5NTM1_IGU8EcBj1Ns.mp3&vol=70&action=stop&title=Screw You" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><embed src="http://soundboard.com/sb/playerskins/singleTrackPlayer.swf?trackURL=http://soundboard.com/mediafiles/NTI5NDE1NDgyNTI5NTM1_IGU8EcBj1Ns.mp3&vol=70&action=stop&title=Screw You" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="350" height="50"></embed></object>

16. jae713

jae713 Member

Have ya'll ever heard the "GIVE ME BACK MY SON" soundbite. It cracks me up everytime.

17. TheBigAristotle

I concur. The rants are true classics. My god though, sometimes Rome plays the sounds too damn much. Like what the **** was up with that "quadruple YEAH" the other day? It wasn't even CLOSE to funny. The triple yeah was much better though.

18. matac3

matac3 Member

HAHA classic.... How about the other one " its not Ryan, its Ryan" ? I think thats how it goes

19. verti89

verti89 Member

Rome said before this break that Rick Adelman is supposed to be with us next...

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Thanks