1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Richard Justice the tool

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by McGradySNKT, Jul 30, 2008.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

and you don't get it, its a risk, justice has every right to that opinion till artest proves him wrong. justice can't read the future, of course he's done nothing to the rockets, they haven't even started training camp LOLOLOL some more, he can only go on history, and artest's isn't very good.

and as I stated before, those other guys with the exception of rasheed went to play with champs, and rasheed actually was pretty successful teamwise in portland

2. gocheez04

gocheez04 Member

From your original post, it seems Justice never said anything like "Artest won't help the Rockets win anything" or "Artest will make this team worse". No. From what I've gathered from your original post, he said that Artest had "bad/questionable" character.

Of any currently active NBA players, can you name ANYONE who's had charges filed against him for 1) abuse of his wife, 2) of animals and of course 3) of fans in the stands? Seriously, even if the first two were false, the fact that it's brought up certainly makes his character questionable. Even you've seen any of Artest's interviews, there's no doubt the guy's a bit weird if not crazy. I can see why anyone not bleeding Rockets red would think he's a bad guy.

Yes yes, some players have issues. Ron Ron has a 5-year subscription. Glad we have him though.

3. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Listen to it on Dan Patricks website yourself and tell me what you think.
    He sounds much different than what you might be thinking right now.

Nobody is calling Ron an angel, neither is Jason Kidd right? That's not the point or the case here.

Point being, He flat out comes off as extremely bitter. For years the Rockets have brought in subpar and mediocre talent and these pencil hippies haven't expressed one ounce of outrage, but when they do something to get better he finds the time to radio hop to smash on the team and selec players, ignoring all facts, just adding his own patiality.

Sorry, he's a tool and he better get used to it.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

richard justice loved the bagwell/biggio astros because of their character, he loves yao ming because of his character, that's just the way he is. he has nothing to be bitter about except getting a player he doesn't approve of. if the artest rockets prove him wrong, he'll switch as usual

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Richard Justice is a loser has been in sports media. The Chron keeps him around for Baseball only I'm sure because he sure doesn't know S@#T about basketball. Espn and other shows just throw him a bone once in a while. McGrady doesn't like him and doesn't respect him.

the poor guy even sucks on radio...PLEASE GET RID OF HIM 1560, he is a cancer and will ruin you!

I pity the TOOL!

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

pencil hippies :D

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Bingo. He is the most notorious flip-flopper ever.

$20 to the tip jar says that he praises Artest within a month of the season starting.

8. sook

sook Rookie

the guy is a r****d if we all wrote a letter he'd probably be off

9. Major

Major Member

Or what? :confused:

You seem just as bitter and whiny about Richard Justice as you accuse him of being of Ron Artest.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Far be it for me to defend Richard Justice. While I agree with some of the sentiments about him, let's not go too far. He has every right to an opinion that is different from the majority and I applaud him for expressing it forcefully. As a Pacer fan since the late 60s, there are lots of reasons for reservations about bringing Ron Ron to the Rockets. I didn't hear the interviews, but the significant negatives about Artest should be ripe for discussion. In fact, the first 2-3-4-5 times he acts out next season, you can bet the GARM will be loaded with comments and discussion about these negatives.

Even Yao has reservations about the deal. http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-33-114/Yao-Ming--Not-Certain-About-Ron-Artest.html. Are you going to blast him out of the water?

For the record, I like the trade because we didn't give up much. BJax had negative value; next year's #1 won't be worth much; and Donte Greene's 40 point opening game in summer league inflated his value far beyond reason. IMO, Greene won't be that good of a player. We got Artest without giving up Shane and without taking on Kenny Thomas' contract. This trade is risky but the upside is clearly worth it. But for people who don't think Artest is worth the risk, they may be right.

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

What you are saying is the MAIN reason everyone is calling justice an idiot. We didn't give up ANYTHING that was significant. Everyone knows he's crazy but we got about as good a deal as we could get. The argument that bringing in a headcase is going rip the team apart is just ridiculous. I can't even remember when the last time that happened was. Headcases only ruin teams when there are more headcases on the team.

Is there risk? Yes, but the risk is SO minimal (his contract is up this year) that it is almost laughable for anyone to be angry at the deal. But alas i understand the purpose of this. If everything goes well, everyone's happy and you won't hear anything about this. If something catastrophic happens, a few people here and Justice will roll out the 'I TOLD YOU SO'.

12. engr chris

engr chris Member

I would love to see a Justice-Artest interview. That would be cool.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's so funny that Justice says Les is "playing GM" and that this trade diminished the franchise when the Rockets are the most consistent team in town.

I think he meant to talk about the Astros, who are quickly becoming a joke of a franchise.

14. Mr. Clutch

"We'll eventually know whether Les forced this deal on his basketball team. It may be two or three years down the line, but someone will let it slip. They always do."

Justice is a complete moron for this statement alone.

Does anyone honestly believe that Morey was pressured by Les to do this? Does anyone thing that Adelman didn't want Artest, but that Les pushed the deal aynone?

15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He backpedaled today in his Chron column, saying the trade made sense as a calculated gamble. He must have caught a lot of flak. I usually hate his column and disagree on most things with him. But, I agree on Artest. He's a calculated gamble. Actually, I'd say it is inevitable that his time in Houston will end badly. But, maybe he can keep straight long enough to win a championship. His comments and vacillations about coming to Houston didn't exactly inspire confidence. That guy's brain is all over the board.

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yup. Flip flopped in less than 24 hours. Good old Rich

18. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

you win...it only took one day ;)
    and yes that is really toolish...
    you cant dog the trade the first day and then the next be on board, thats what a tool is

19. Raven

Raven Member

Richard Justice is a troll. He'll write or say anything, no matter how stupid or inflammatory, as long as it gets him blog hits.

Which is why you should never click on his blog. Don't give him the attention that he wants.

But, seriously, ALL of the Chronicle sucks. Only their Science blog is worth reading and even that guy has a Hurricane fetish.

20. Mr. Clutch

It's true that it's a calculated gamble.

But when he accuses Les of playing GM, or when he says the Rockets are desperate to get out of the crappy Astros' shadow, he sounds like a complete moron.