1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Richard Hamilton

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TManiAC, Jul 2, 2007.

1. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Detroit Thinking About Shopping Rip

While fully cognizant of its unlikelihood and the possiblity that there may be no substance behind the rumor referenced above, I think it would be worth exploring a deal for Rip.

Rip's mid-range and slashing game is still underrated IMHO. Put Rip in Adelman's Princeton offense and you have one potent game-plan.

Rafer Alston, Bobby Sura & Bonzi Wells for Rip Hamilton & Jason Maxiell.

Why Detroit would consider it. They will have to offer max dollars for Billups, who is undeniably the most valuable player on the Piston's roster. They have Bonzi, Stuckey and Afflalo to fill in for Rip while getting support behind Billups. Bonzi and Sura should provide lots of cap relief for Detroit to support Billup's contract.

2. Pringles

Pringles Member

trading bonzi would be classless...

3. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

You mean, Genius.

4. Barkley

Barkley Member

Bonzi for Hamilton - always. I saw that Pistons wanna trade Rip to Sonics.

5. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

that would be the DUMBEST trade in the history of the detroit pistons if they do that...

Maxiell is young and energetic and Rip is a very solid player for 3 mill off (sura), another PG (when they are trying to resign billups w/ this trade) and bonzi who is no guarentee going to compete...

If they for any reason accept that trade praise the lord that someone turned Joe Dumars into Isaiah for at least 1 day.

6. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Agreed :confused:

Agreed :confused:

I do love the deal that was brought up even though i'd feel a little bad for Bonzi. But he would go to a title contender in the East. I wonder if the Pistons will want talent or salary relief for RIP. They could try and get rid of someone else like Prince so they can keep RIP instead. Their backourt is really the heart of that team. Their interior scoring is eratic.

7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Here's to You Mr. Preposterous Trade Presenter Guy

8. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I look forward to all the threads about every free agent in the market and how they will be a good fit for the rockets and how if we just combine wells, sura, Lucas, Vspan anyone in the NBA would want to trade thier top 50 player for them

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Your evil...pure evil

10. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I think we're collecting and saving most of our PG's for when Kobe opts out of his contract or Garnett's expire. We might end up doing a sign and trade for one or both!

The buzz around the league is that JLIII, Rafer Alston, Luther Head are drawing mad interest but the Rockets won't put them on the block because they're our future. :eek:

I think they also had to add an extra phone line for all the teams that keep calling about them.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

hilarious.

12. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

You know as well as me its true :D

13. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

OMG Rip Hamilton is absolutely perfect for the Rockets and the greatest compliment to Yao and T-Mac. He can spot up for a shot and knock it down with consistency and he can also drive and create his own shot. RIP is made for Rick Aldelman's offense where is can run curl plays and move through multiple screens to set up a shot. He is the best conditioned athlete perhaps in the league and he can ran around defenses all night long. His defense is pretty good too. He is a great all around player terrific and a steal for any team who trades for him.

I would trade Battier and Head straight up for a player of his caliber perhaps Detroit is interested in adding another defender like Shane.

I say let's get this done because this feels right on so many levels I can't even tell you. RIP is a better fit for Houston than Rashard Lewis.

14. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I think we would be giving up too much in that deal.

Almost every trade proposal involves Sura's worthless contract and Rafer Alston, a top 5 pg in the league. Some of our trade proposals have sura and rafer getting traded for rashard or carlos boozer, so obviously they are worth more than that.

Under that logic, we can Rich for much less, i suggest trading sura's contract and a 2018 2nd round draft pick and the rights to Malick Badiane.

15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Leaving your team with 5 games left in the season is classless. Showing up to training camp 50 pounds over weight is classless. Saying that you will only give 2 mill dollars worth of effort is classless.

Getting traded is exactly what he deserves.

16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Agreed. With Kobe and KG on the market, I think we should set our sights a little higher than Rip if we're going to be giving up Sura's contract and Rafer.

17. Sooner423

lmao...

18. Sooner423

It's going to take Head and Battier to even begin the conversation, which I would definitely do.

19. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

No need to be snide about possible trade scenarios... isnt that why we post here? so we can share ideas and speculate?

I really dont think its that preposterous given that (1) they've drafted two promising scoring guards (2) obviously need to free some cap space to sign Chauncey Billups (3) have expressed interest in Bonzi, like they did last season (4) let Ben Wallace walk even though many considered him the cornerstone of the Piston's defense.

Maxiell played a whole 11 minutes per game last season behind Chris Webber and Antonio McDyess... if they put such a premium on young energetic players, why are they so loaded with veteran experience rather than young prospects?

Anyway, I already put in a disclaimer for why this is a reach... I know its unlikely but its still fun to dream up scenarios.

Here's to you Mr. Nothing Good To Contribute.

20. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Where have I heard jokes like this before? Refreshingly original.