1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rich Lord and the price of a haircut.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by aristophanes34, Aug 9, 2009.

1. aristophanes34

Did anyone else hear Rich Lord's and Matt Jackson's discussion of the price of a haircut the other day?

Lord seems to think most men pay well over $20 to get a haircut. When Jackson said he thought more probably paid right at $20 or under than paid over, Lord's response was, "come on!" And added that people paying under $20 are "cheapskates." When the callers started in almost all of them were under $20 and many were under $10. Lord kept putting off disclosing exactly how much he pays. He also added that he always takes a hat with him in case he doesn't like it. Apparently he is worried someone might see him driving home with an unacceptable expensive cut.

I know. I should be listening to 1560. I usually do, but I had my 3 year old in the car, and sometimes 1560 is not good for young ears. My jaunt was a short one, so I never heard how much Mr. ill-suited vanity pays for his 'do.' I hate to admit, but I'm curious how much he pays to look like this:

[​IMG]

What a doofus, and what a waste of jack. I have never been a big fan of RL, and I already new he was clueless about sports, music, and film, but apparently he doesn't no much about, well, anything.

I am also curious what the people on this board are paying. For the record, I am an under $20 kind of guy.

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Unrelated, but is the "k" on your keyboard missing or broken? :confused:

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I heard it. Thought it was funny.

Rich Lord is...eh. I really need to take the Patrick route and pay 3.99.

4. The Drake

The Drake Member

No idea about Rich Lord, but I'm an over-$20 guy.

I pay $27, but I used to get cuts only about once a year, so it wasn't too bad.

Now that I'm slowly entering the "professional" world (lol), it won't be as cost effective, but I've been going to the same place my whole life, so I doubt I'll switch now. I went to Visible Changes once for an emergency cut and it was awful to say the least. The lady cutting my hair kept asking me if I wanted to be "cleaned out."

I respectfully declined.

5. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

lol, he is clueless about everything. The other day he was saying it's impossible to text while driving without looking at the phone.. ya know how some memorize the keys.

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Anywhere from $75 to $150

[​IMG]

No, but I'm an over $20 guy, $25 exactly. It's a nice place, and I go every 2 months or so, so it's not a big deal IMO.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

$15. I just switched from going bi-weekly to weekly.

8. aristophanes34

I don't thin I now what you are getting at. Would you indly explain yourself?

Thans.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Way Under 20 for sure but once tried Toni & Guy at the Galleria and learned my lesson...lol

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I heard the beginning of it and Rich was pretty sheepish and embarrassed to admit how much he paid at first, so I don't think I'd categorize his position as "most men would be willing to pay more than 20." He was making some point about you reach a certain point, I guess financial success, and you upgrade. The point he made being he doesn't live in Sharpstown anymore.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Over $20. I've tried to find a cheaper place to get it cut but every time I try one of them they do a crappy job.

12. astros148

astros148 Member

i pay 40 for my haircut.

13. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I pay about 20 bucks every 5 weeks or so. A few months ago I tried to go ritzy near the Galleria and paid about 45 for a cut a few times. It was a great haircut and the treatment was nice, but it didn't seem worth it.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I used to pay 30.

Now I do it myself.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I go to an awesome old school barbershop in Hyde Park -- perfect cut/ $15 with the tip.

edit: I should add they use straight razors and old time shaving cream for shaves (heated of course).

#15 KingCheetah, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  16. Sajan

Sajan Member

i used to pay like 5 when i was in high school. ya it was not good..haha

then i started going to TGF on tuesdays..and it was like 10 bucks.

now i go to Ideal Hair and its like 15.

17. aristophanes34

Are you sure? He definitely became sheepish and embarrassed as the conversation developed, but I didn't catch that at first. Then again, I was traveling with two kids, so I may not have been attentive enough to decipher his tone. I hope I am not misrepresenting good old Rich in this thread. Did he finally say what he paid?

18. Landlord Landry

Chicago?

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Austin

20. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

I've been going to sport clips for years. Usually its 15 bucks plus 3-4 tip, which brings me right under 20. I go about once a month.

Has anyone been to this place called Killer Kuts over on Highway 6 near W. Airport?

Supposedly, the place is geared towards guys and it serves from a tap!