1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rice comments on Fox Sports

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Elienator, Aug 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Elienator

Elienator Member

Was watching the 'stros game tonight and saw that after the game on Fox Southwest Sports Report they were going to talk about Rice and if he was happy or not coming to Houston. Don't know if it will be rehashing what has already been said or some new quotes, etc.

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Didnt want to make a new topic. Rice made comments on Fox 26 sports and talked with mark berman.

He is happy he is a rocket. He said with his shooting skills and the penatrators on the team, it can work really well. He also said he has a good post up game and can shoot the 3. ( Talked about himself alot) :)

He said his foot is not 100%. He hasnt pounded on it to see where its at but he is going to make it the best he can before the season.

Then later inteview cuttino talked about how he misses shandon. Nothing against rice but shandon taught him alot and helped him out for 2 years. Cuttinos mom told him its not personal , its business. Cuttino though said that Rice will make the team better and he talked about it last year how he would love to join the rockets.

Looks like Rice likes the rockets..

3. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

I don't think Rice is 100%. If he is not "I'll play through it," Rice says.

Cuttino " I talked to Shandon after the Trade. I'm upset, Shandon andI were friends for two years......Rice is a good player. It's funny Rice was saying how much he would like to play with us, now he is."

4. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

Fox Sports SW says Rice will be intoduced to the Houston media tomorrow.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's an alarming sign to hear that his foot is not 100% and he hasn't put any pressure on it.No one can shoot or even hope to play professional basketball with any degree of success if they continue to have lingering injuries.I hope his injury heals quickly or we are going to be in very big trouble,because no one will want an aging and injured player with a long and big contract.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thanks for the scoop! Hopefully Rice is truthful when he claims he is happy to be a Rocket. Rudy T doesn't need a nother cancer with a hefty contract(Quitten). But as I have said, I am happy that Rice is a Rocket, mainly because of the new rules and his terrific scoring abilities. The reference to his foot does not seem to be a major problem. Rice will be fin by the time pre-season rolls in.

Cod

7. Timing

Timing Member

That is very alarming. I hope Rice is finding ways to stay in shape and hasn't been pool lounging all summer. Anyone know what kind of work ethic he has?

8. treeman

treeman Member

He's got over two months 'till camp. Plantar fascia, or whatever it's called, is a breakage of the muscle lining in the foot, I believe. It's thinner than paper, but serves to keep the muscles where they should be and keep the blood flowing... Something like that.

I burned all the skin off my right hand 5 weeks ago, and it's all grown back now. He's reportedly had a cast on his leg/foot this offseason, so he should be perfectly fine. If it's still bugging him by October, then he has some kind of wierd blood deficiency that prevents his tissues from healing at a normal rate. He'll be fine.

If he's not then I'll erase the entry from my "Teams that got raped by the Rockets/CD" list and start a new one called "Teams that got raped by the Knicks*", with the asterisk representing all of the NBA's team doctors. ;)

9. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Rice has over 2 months to get healthy and that's quite a long time. If all goes well he'll be fine. Plus the Rockets have much easier practices than the NYK's.