1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher Spreading T-Mac/KG Rumors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fa7999, Mar 16, 2006.

?

Mac for KG

Poll closed Mar 21, 2006.
  1. Yes

349 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. No

248 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. Tossup

116 vote(s)
    16.3%
  1. fa7999

fa7999 Member

He was on a quick blurb and stated that Houston and Minny are rumored to be "discussing a deal for the Summer".

He said rumor is Kg and Wolves 1st rounder for T-Mac , Luther Head, and Rockets 2nd rounder.

Do you think that Rockets should go for the deal?

2. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Tempting...isn't KG payed even more than Tracy is? We'll never be able to get a decent backcourt without some $$$. :confused:

3. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

I hate to say it, but I think I'd do it. ONLY because of concerns about Tracy's health. I love the guy, I'd love to see him retire here with several rings. But if he's only going to be able to play for half a season... there won't be any rings.

4. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I'd do it. I love Tracy but his longevity is really in question. If TMac were healthy, I wouldn't consider it.

My only concern is having two dominant low post guys on the same team. I remember Dream and Barkley caused huge spacing issues on the floor. The only saving grace was the Dream was on the downside of his career so it wasn't as much of an issue. Barkley was on the downside too but he was still very effective until he hurt himself.

But Yao and KG are both in their prime. Does that cause spacing issues?

But I know JVG would do it cause he knows KG always plays with heart and energy ...something that TMac doesn't always do. If JVG could work out how to run an offense w/ two dominant low post scorers plus fill in the backcourt, Houston could be beasts.

We keep our 2006 1st round pick plus get the Wolves 1st pick. That's nice too.

5. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I voted yes only because of Tracy's brokeback. A healthy Mac + Yao should be more effective than KG + Yao.

6. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I think a healthy TMac + Yao = championship.

KG + Yao, not so sure.

I would prefer to gamble on getting TMac healthy.

7. famicom

famicom Member

Please be careful and delete this thread because Lance might be reading this and cause havoc!!!!!! :( :( :(

8. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Well, in this deal, we keep our 1st round pick plus get another 1st pick from the Wolves. That really helps.

But rather than giving them Head, lets give them Stro instead. Stro is useless if we have KG.

If they don't take Stro, we could still trade Stro for a serviceable backcourt player. Most teams would trade a big for a small.

Didn't Cassell say he wants to retire here?

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Go to NBA.com and look at the efficency ratings. KG has been top 3 for at least six years. I don't see him on the decline for at least four more years. He is a better overall player than TMac. I love TMac, but his back problems really, really worry me. He's probably the #2 or #3 pure scorer in the NBA after Kobe and LBJ, but if his back gets worse, he's just a highly paid bench player. I hate to lose Head, but I would do this deal, not to mention that we would have two #1 picks out of it.

10. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I dunno. I thought KG played more on the outside - he isn't strong enough to post up a whole lot. But damn you'd need some shooters to make this work...

11. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Get Garnett then sign Cassell back to Houston!

KG
    Yao
    Cassell
    SG
    SF

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if there was a way of bringing in a perimeter scorer after that deal then i would do it.

yao
    kg
    bogans
    wesley
    rafer

still cant score more than 90 a game.

if there was a way to spread the defense... even a sub all star like mobley, someone who can chip in 17 a game would make us very good.

first, we need to find that perimeter scorer, because even with out team now we can use another one next to tmac. at that point we can think of tmac for kg.

plus we would get 2 lotto picks this year. it's a good deal but we need that extra guy.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

So we get KG and their first round pick (right now number 9) and keep our first round pick (now number 12).

True, our backcourt is very weak, but it can be fixed.

How do you not do that trade? KG has missed only like 5 games his entire career. He is at least T-Mac's equal...probably better though (MVP trophy agrees). The combination with Yao is the only question - a twin towers of this decade....can it work? Obviously not without backcourt improvement, but we have that problem now.

Of course, my dream trade T-Mac scenario is him and Swift for Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis, but I'd imagine Seattle would pass.

Or some kind of deal with Boston for Pierce.

Not saying I'm on any kind of trade T-Mac bandwagon, just interesting possibilities to float out there.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ya know, if we are talking about deals with the Wolves, how about Swift for Ricky Davis?

Add a quality 3rd scorer/swingman to the Yao & Tmac duo would be huge in my opinion.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i dont' know. i'm blinded by the fact I really LIKE T-Mac. but i have concerns about his long-term health.

16. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

hehe.

17. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I willing to give tmac another year. I'm just hoping his trade value doesn't turn to garbage becuase of his health.

18. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

I like KG, but I don't know that I would be willing to give Head for him... :eek:

19. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

I want Yao, Tmac AND KG..... :D :D :D

20. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

This is exactly why the Rockets can never build anything! Every team that is assembled is not given enough time to gel. They go ahead and trade half the nucleus for something else. When that doesn't work, they do it all over again. They need to scout better, get younger more athletic players who can fit within the system. Look at the best teams in the league, they are teams that make smart trades, not blockbuster ones every few years.

I know T-Mac's back is a HUGE concern but I'd like to see what happens after the treatment (surgery or other method). We need a superstar shooting guard or small forward to go along with Yao, not a power forward who will take post touches away from Yao. I love KG's game but it would not fit in with Yao's. Yao needs a Charles Oakley (in his prime), PJ Brown, Dennis Rodman, Otis Thorpe-type along his side, not a dominant big man.

I am really sad :( to see all these trade T-Mac threads popping up all over the place. I guess I still have the butterflies from last summer when the Rockets were up 2-0 on Dallas. I get butterflies thinking back to T-Mac's dunk over Bradley, to his last second game winner in game 2.

Get WELL T-Mac and come back as MVP next season. Please do not trade this top 5 nba superstar prematurally!