1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher: Rockets hot and heavy after a PG upgrade; don't count out Deron Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jan 8, 2015.

1. photojoe

photojoe Member

Only if Williams and the Net's pick were then flipped to Phoenix for Dragic....

2. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Lol if they had one to give

3. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Last year I thouht Beverley was going to develop nicely. I loved his pesky & relentless effort on D & saw potential for him to develop a consistent outside shot. While his shot has seemed to improve, I find myself questioning his defense more often this year (small sample size of games admittedly). Seems like he is giving far less effort on that end this year. Also, he hasn't really shown the ability to run an offense nearly efficiently enough for those times Harden is I effective or on the bench.

I think a guy like Lawson would be a great addition, more so than even Dragic. He can facilitate, get to the rim & finish, create his own shot, shoot from outside...pretty much everything we are asking for as a compliment to Harden. His defense is a concern. But he is a pretty good value at his salary, in my opinion. Don't know what it would cost to pry him away from the Nuggets but I would love him on this team.

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Get er done Morely!

5. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Injured, average PG, worse than the team's current PG, making $20 million this year and the next. And the next.

How can people be that dumb?

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Obviously Gogi knows McHale and the system and is preferable. I like Lawson as an option as well.

Gogi, Lawson or Rubio if available in that order. Rubio wouldn't provide the shooting of the other two but would at least add another wrinkle to our offense from the PG position. Very intrigued by the idea of Lawson.

I truly think this team is 1 or 2 players away. You can make the argument for or against another center. We absolutely need another playmaker at starting PG.

7. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Well, he just suffered a cartilage fracture on his 12th rib, so feel free to count him out.

8. gregas

gregas Member

LOL The only way Dragic is available for the NOP pick is if you trade that pick for an actual pick, break down his door, tie him up and bring him back to Houston in the back of a van.

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'd prefer dragic/Lawson

Then Rubio.

Don't know if any are attainable.

In the meanwhile I'd settle for canaan getting minutes.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I would pay some serious money to watch Beverley beat the **** out of Bucher!

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

I go to Bucher for all of my NBA news.

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Can we even put together enough contracts to match Dwill's salary?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You know Daryl Morey, he's always trying to attain the unattainable in order to put the team's ceiling through its roof.

But Bucher's quotes doesn't suggest that he heard about any specific discussions Morey had with any team, he simply said that his "sources" speculated what Morey might or might not do. Not much info there, really. May just be some scout or assistant GM in Sacramento or Memphis making guesses about things.

1 person likes this.
  14. basketballholic

That article should say don't count out Rubio, not Deron Williams.

15. RedSnipe

RedSnipe Member

Man... just give Canaan some time. We don't need to be bringing in another pg.

16. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rankc8FgUVk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Steve_Francis_rules

Highlights from the 2007 playoffs? That must be what Morey's watching if he really likes DWill.

18. baubo

baubo Member

I'm thinking Dragic right now is becoming impossible due to Phoenix's hot run. Although that sort of stuff change every minute, so who knows.

I think right now, Lawson feels like the best bet. Denver's sucking and Lawson is one of their top assets. And they may consider just tanking, in which case trading him help facilitate that.

19. NotChandlerParsons

I think there was legit interest on Morey's part at one point and the media is just riding that because they're lazy even though it's clear the Rockets don't want him anymore.

20. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

He's ball dominant. That won't work around Harden. I think Williams can play "1.5" guard better than Lawson.