1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ric Bucher] Rockets Have No Untouchables

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Dec 3, 2010.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Melo or bust.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

IMHO sure Yao et al could be traded. What would the Rox demand in return? BTW - RB's idea of a Bosh trade sounds a lot better from Miami's side IMHO. If they could get past The Miami Thrice thingy then yes, Heat would be hot for a deal like that IMHO.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I've been wondering that for weeks now...

4. Raven

Raven Member

If by bust, you mean tanking, I agree. Carmelo wants to play in NY, and renting him would be insanely stupid, unless Morey is convinced the charms of our city would lure him into signing an extension, which I don't think would appeal to his wife.

Nor do I see the Kings parting with Cousins or Minny parting with Rubio, even though both of them could be bust.

No Bosh
    No Carmelo
    No Cousins
    No Rubio
    No Nash
    No Chris Paul

There aren't any trade options that would realistically get us over the hump. That leaves the draft, and we're not getting the next Wall, Rose, or Durant unless we have a top 5 pick.

5. CougarFan90

CougarFan90 Member

I think we may well be ending up renting Melo for the rest of the season and try to get Nash or Iggy and hope Yao remains healthy and go all in this season.

Either way, if Melo walks, we can still rebuild by S&T him to New York and net a big TE and some 1st rounders. Rebuilding can start then.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That's what i was thinking, and Gasol is naturally the PF, not the C in the lakers lineup too.

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Bosh suck....he's not even worth Scola imo.

8. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yeah but they would only be traded if they were offered for other untouchables, and that's my point, they are basically untouchable.

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Are you out of your ****ing mind!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Iggy over Melo?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

"No one in the NBA is untouchable." - Jon Amaechi

11. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

That's funny, I don't care who you are.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dunno man. A Lowry, Battier, Scola for Bosh trade would set us up nicely for a rebuilding process. The Heat would have to include a pick or 3 though...we just handed them the title for the next 3-4 years.

Lowry/Wade/James/Scola/Ilgauskaus->rings!!!

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Melo sucks, is making max money and is always getting into off court trouble. For all his scorer rep he isn't that efficient, and he doesn't have a 3 pt shot. Can't wait for him to land to a crap team so everybody can see how awful he really is.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

IMO, all we need is Iguodala for an expiring, a young talent and a pick.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Don't get me wrong. I like Melo, but he plays no D. Our starters need a two way player. Besides, Melo scores like what, 5-6 more points a game than Martin? Pairing him with Martin would be an offensive exposion, but a defensive nightmare. We would probably be in the same situation we are in now. Melo, for all his talent, is not a leader.

16. amaru

amaru Member

Hell no.......Don't trade them to the evil empire!

:mad:

17. sandiegorocket

Love is younger than Scola and already a much better rebounder. Scola's all around game is obviously better, but unless things change drastically, we aren't going to be competing for a championship the next few years. We might as well try to grab some young talent.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is bullcrap. Yao will NOT be traded. The Rockets do not have the balls, unfortunately...

19. Happii

Happii Member

Why are people talking about a LeBron James and Wade trade?? Obviously they are "untouchable".

20. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Pat Riley is not trading d wade. This is about the most unrealistic trade ever.