1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ric Bucher] Rockets Have No Untouchables

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Dec 3, 2010.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

True, but is Bosh one of those supreme players? If he isn't I'd rather not sacrifice the next few seasons to pretending as though he were.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No to Bosh.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I believe the Scola/Lowry/Battier for Bosh thing was a reference to a recent Bill Simmons podcast with Marc Stein and one of BS' buddies where Simmons mentioned it as a trade proposal more to gauge what people thought of Bosh and the Heat's standing right now. I believe Bucher was suppose to be on the podcast with Stein but couldn't so I imagine that response was partly Bucher's response to the question that Simmons would have lobbed to him.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thats just way too much for Bosh. Scola is already our PF who doesn't play defense.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't know how to break it to you - but we're not exactly looking like we're going to be championship contenders over the next few seasons anyhow. What exactly would we be sacrificing?

p.s. this is my 5000th post.

6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Bosh who ..? no thank you I would rather keep scola.

Bosh is a taller version of Scola with less Heart.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Two completely different players, with completely different skillsets.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Neither plays defense. :)

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I agree about the offense, but nowadays it's rare to have a knockdown shooter from anywhere on the court, so in general he's a great piece to the puzzle.

Don't you think giving up the starting SF and back up pg is too much to give up in that deal? I think one or the other plus scola makes sense, especially since Miami desperately needs more quality role players. Lowry, more than battier, would be a much needed pick up for them and I think would be enough, along with scola, for them to give up Bosh. Battier would hardly see any minutes playing behind Lebron and James Jones is probably a better and cheaper option as a set shooter for them.

Then there's a significant hole at the SF back up spot, which i dont think JT or Lee can fill-in long term. With such a young SF starting (Bud), you're going to need a solid back up for him when he's having problems.

10. larsv8

Both play no post defense

One plays PnR defense

You know me, I would ultimately try and keep Shane, but if this offer was on the table and it was either this or no Bosh, I am pulling the trigger.

I might counter with Budinger instead of Shane. He would fit better over there.

#70 larsv8, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  11. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Trading for Bosh would be a huge mistake.

Do not want.

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

You know, hypothetically, if something like this went down you'd still have enough assets to make a play for Iggy at the deadline or with Yao's money coming off the books in the summer, make a play for Jeff Green. Chase, Hill, JT and JJ's expiring contract along with multiple picks could be used to get another SF. I'd imagine getting a decent backup would be easier then a starting wing.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Things can change very quickly.

14. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

You're looking through the wrong end of the telescope.

It's not whether Bosh is better. It's how close does Bosh get you to the NBA Finals when you've committed to paying him $15M now and $22M in the 2015-16 season. And this with a background of a new CBA with a potentially lower cap.

Not to mention, Bosh blocks point 04 more shots per 48.

If the Rockets are planning on locking up 2 high-priced players, they better get more fire power and more upside potential than Martin and Bosh to compete in the WC.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe, but i wouldn't want to possibly wait until the summer and have that problem the rest of the year...really i just think Miami would jump at Scola + lowry, so i don't see the need in throwing in Battier, or anyone/anything else.

16. CougarFan90

CougarFan90 Member

I'd rather have 1 year of Melo than locked into 7 years with Bosh.

I'd trade Scola for him if we already had a superstar, but we don't.

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Truth be told, I'd think they would ask for JJ and not Battier. Versatile 6 11 player who can defend all three front court spots and wouldn't be asked to score much with James, Wade and Scola...come to think of it, why don't we play him?

18. larsv8

Because he is one dimensional.

19. lalala902102001

This Rockets team as they are constructed now is not a contender. To become a contender they need to get a center piece who is a superstar. The best way to get a superstar in the NBA is via draft. If we do make trades, I hope that we trade for some high draft picks in the next few years and really start rebulding. I agree that nobody is untouchable on this roster. Yao will never again stay healthy for a full season; Scola's trading value is probably at its peak right now; I tend to agree that Martin is fool's gold; and I have to say I don't see Aaron being the starting PG on a championship team. So go ahead and trade them all if that can get us some draft picks/young players to start rebuilding.

20. Hball

Hball Member

Jordan hill should be untouchable, his athleticism and length is really making an impact on both ends of the floor he matched up very well with gasol and he's a guy that usually gives us problems.

Shouldn't give up brooks unless your getting Melo, he's our best player when it comes to creating for himself which is crucial in the clutch, everyone else should be available their either too much of a liability defensively or offensively.