1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ric Bucher] Rockets Have No Untouchables

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Dec 3, 2010.

1. CougarFan90

CougarFan90 Member

My gut tells me we with the recent rumors floating about us interested in bringing back Landry or Cousins. I think Scola gets dealt after Dec.15th.

Maybe the Nuggets are after him and would swap Melo for Scola?

Scola + fillers for Melo and Billups or Nene?

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Totally agree for those reasons, I think if the Heat were to trade off Bosh so quickly there'd be an even bigger media backlash of "I told you so" feedback.

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

We got Scola and Hill. We don't need no stinkin' Bosh.

1 person likes this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'd take Bosh over Scola in a heartbeat.

Scola is nice but he is aging and Bosh is actually better than Luis at everything except rebounding. Better defender, better shotblocker, better offensive player.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I get the feeling Scola is a goner, his value is sky high right now and with a reasonable contract. Last year, Morey floated him out there for Amar'e and Bosh so I would think he'd try again in an effort to get an upgrade. I also revert back to Morey mentioning we need to have a top 10 defense, it's hard to imagine with AB starting again and Yao returning it would turn a bad defensive team into a good one just like that.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Clearly Morey would love to acquire Bosh, although I'm sure Miami would hold off on making significant trades so that they look like they gave it a real go with the Super Friends.

Miami would clearly benefit from adding depth around LeBron and Wade. Actually, those dudes duplicate each other's talents too much, and Bosh should stay with one or the other of them. But neither Wade nor LeBron is the type of player you trade, not while they're more-or-less in their primes, and Bosh is third-best among them.

And Bucher needs to watch more games. No way would I propose dumping Lowry and Scola with Shane for Chris Bosh. Now that he's healthy, Lowry is our little engine that could.

7. CougarFan90

CougarFan90 Member

Speaking of Bosh, if you were Nuggets GM and were desperate to retain Melo, would an offer of Billups, Nene and Anderson for Bosh and Arroyo or Chalmers be one that the Heat would accept after Dec.15th?

Heat get that help at 2 positions that they are weakest in and the Nuggets get another all star to pair with Melo?

A Melo-Bosh duo would be deadly in the pick and roll.

8. CougarFan90

CougarFan90 Member

I think Scola is gonna get traded to the Nuggets for Melo.

What do you think?

The Nuggets could easily sell to their fanbase that they aren't rebuilding and want to still compete in the playoffs or they could rebuild and ship Scola to say the Thunder for Green and fillers to start of the rebuilding process?

9. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Only way you're untouchable to Morey is if you're a superstar, a top player in the league at your position, and he can't get a better player.

We don't have a player that qualifies and Yao's monetary impact on the Rockets isn't as strong as it once was, so of course he would be open to moving anyone.

10. rockets934life

I think Melo is going to NY one way or another so if we do trade Scola for him then it's with the idea that Yao is healthy and ready to roll. We would be going for it this season so our record has to drastically improve before the trade deadline because that is all we'll get from Melo.

I would do the Scola for Green, obviously, in a heartbeat but who knows if the Thunder will want to mess with their chemistry like that. Scola is a BYC player so his contract works differently when looking at trades so I believe it might have to be Scola + fillers for Green, although not sure the exact amount.

11. worzel gummidge

I won't be happy if Scola is traded especially for Bosh

With Lottery picks Morey's gotten Battier and 2Pat. His idea of big time acquisitions have been Rashard Lewis and Bosh.

Take a leave and come back in a few years when you know what a real superstar looks like and can get him.

Look up "Armstrong and Miller - Rude Shop Keeper" (NSFW) on Youtube.

Customer = Morey
    Shoe = Real Superstar
    Shopkeeper = Me/Rockets fans

That's how I feel about all this.

12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Oh really? So Durant isn't untouchable? Same with Russell Westbrook? What about Gasol, Duncan, Rose, Deron Williams????? Dwight Howard? Rondo? I mean c'mon, there are a lot of untouchables in this league... :rolleyes:

13. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Seriously, you wanna give up all that heart and be left with the likes of Bosh and Martin? Both are talented players, but we need to build a roster with heart and talent. Not just talent that wilts under pressure. I'm hoping Martin proves me wrong soon about his heart.

Plus, Bosh is a goofball interested mainly in messing around not winning. Scola is a warrior and a winner. He's got some physical limitations, so he needs to be in the right system to be effective, but no way is a Scola for Bosh deal worth it, especially if you give up Lowry.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Personal feelings aside, from a purely basketball standpoint, can you think of any player in the league who could run the offense through the high post, better than Chris Bosh?

If you don't know what this means, think back to Chris Webber and his skillset.

To me, the aswer is no. Bosh is the ideal fit.

You can criticize the selection of the coach and system all you want, but I personally won't fault Morey for picking a system and then working dilligently to get the best players in the league that fit into it.

The jury is still out on 2Pat, but using a mid lottery pick and gaining a solid rotation player and all defense caliber player is fine with me. And I am not sure what the Rashard Lewis blurb is all about.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Don't apologize to him! Kick his a..oh wait... :p

at this point, everyone is fair game...

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Durant might be another example. Possibly Howard. But all of the others - if they were offered Lebron for these players, they would do it, so they are not untouchable.

17. sandiegorocket

What do you guys think it would cost us to pry Kevin Love and Rubio from the TWolves?

18. parmesh

parmesh Member

Everyone is untouchable NOW EVERYONE JUMP ON THE TRADE SCOLA BANDWAGON YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :rolleyes:

19. CougarFan90

CougarFan90 Member

Don't want either.

Love is redudant if we already have a better player in Scola and I personally think Rubio is overrated and way too hyped up.

20. rockets934life

They won't move Love but Rubio is possible. It's basically in Rubio's court, if he tells them I'm not going to play in Minnesota then it will force them to trade him but if he says sure i'll play there come next season, doubtful, then they won't move him.