1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher on why nobody wants to play for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FEAR THE BEARD, Jul 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Where's the "You a Rockets fan?" video when you need it?

2. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

This guy can't even spell Rick correctly

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I made zero comparisons regarding their selfishness or attitude towards teammates. The only comparison was regarding their media portrayal in the offseason following their first major setback. I happen to agree with you in many ways and I have no particular desire to pretend that Harden and Howard's comments were positive. What I do want is to never have to listen to completely made-up narratives like Bucher's.

(Or, to phrase it more precisely: I only invoked Lebron as an example of what ridiculous drama queens the media can be about not achieving immediate success. Now he's won and everyone loves the guy)

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Without posting text you just gave him 12,000 clicks from this thread OP.

OP is Ric Bucher

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

This is ridiculous. Why do we care what Ric Bucher thinks? And furthermore, why in the world would he say that?

Because we didn't get Carmelo? Neither did Chicago, or Dallas or LAL. Because we didn't get Bosh? Even though every sign was pointing to us getting him, but then at the last second he took the offer that way overpaid him to stay in Miami...that has nothing to do with Harden or Howard.

Why doesn't the media say that "no one wants to go play with Kobe in LA"? They had a lot more cap space than us this year, they even promised Dwight during last offseason that they would rebuild this summer, and they did nothing. Nothing.

Why doesn't the media say that "no one wants to go play with Dirk and Cuban in Dallas?" They have had capspace several years in a row. Deron Williams didn't want to go there. Dwight Howard didn't want to go there. Carmelo Anthony didn't want to go there. They let a defending champion roster leave so that they would have cap space to pursue another star, and all they have to show for that pursuit over the past couple of years is a past-his-prime, often injured Tyson Chandler and a well overpaid Chandler Parsons.

We won last year's offseason by getting Dwight Howard. Hands down. You could argue that we won the offseason before that by pulling off the James Harden trade right before the season started. We may not quite have a championship roster yet. But it's not like we are far away. You can dislike what Harden said all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that we have two very good, top 20 "cornerstone" players.

I'm not buying what Ric Bucher is saying here because I don't think anyone can say that 'no player wants to come to Houston to pkay with Harden and Howard' just because of this one offseason. But even if that was true, we would be in a good situation. We would be in a situation that the Lakers would be jealous of. And the Mavericks. And the Knicks. And the Heat now that they have lost Lebron. And a ton of other teams as well.

2 people like this.
  6. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Wow, that is right on. This, everyone.

7. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

How dare Ric Bucher refer to Trevor Ariza as a "nobody"!

Anyway. I concur with "who's Ric Bucher" and why should I care.

8. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Sorry FEAR THE BEARD. Any opening post about Ric Bucher that doesn't immediately trash him immediately gets 1 star vote by me...

9. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Bleacher report is garbage. You should see their mma articles.

10. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Ric Puker could go F himself.

11. Rox4life1986

Rox4life1986 Member

It's true........... if I was James, Melo, or say Rondo I wouldn't come play with Howard and Harden.

Truth hurts

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

No amount of opinion equates to a fact.

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

Luckily, you aren't James, Melo or Rondo.

LBJ was either going to stay in Miami or go to Cleveland. That has nothing to do with Howard or Harden. At this point in his career, the main thing that he cares about is his legacy. He could have stayed in Miami or gone to Cleveland. Anywhere else would have destroyed his reputation. Him going back to Cleveland has made everyone love him again. If he wins even one ring there, he will be a hero.

Looking back now, it doesn't seem like Melo ever intended to leave. It has all of the appearances as him wanting to stay in NY, but also wanting the most money (same with Bosh).

Rondo- I don't really want this guy on our team to begin with, but all signs have pointed to him desiring to stay in Boston. He isn't a free agent though, so he doesn't get to choose where he wants to play anyway, so I'm not even sure why you brought that up.

It amazes me how quickly people forget. Last offseason, literally one year ago, we got the biggest name in the entire NBA offseason to choose to come to Houston. That happens rarely in sports in general, so it is rare for any one team. Just ask the Lakers, who have repeatedly said that they would get a big name free agent to go there because, well, they are the Lakers. It is being proven to them harder than they originally talked about.

We got a huge name in free agency in Dwight Howard. That isn't going to happen every year.

14. cebu

cebu Member

If our two stars played the same intensity like last year and Ariza plays like the way he played in W, we'll get it to round 2 at least.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

This is why nobody respects Ric Bucher as a journalist

16. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

A thread based on something Ric Imbcile Bucher said...lol

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If Rondo comes, he needs to b**** slap both Howard and Harden and put them in their place.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

"What are you, a Rockets fan? --Ric Bucher to Steve Levy when discussing the possibility of Dwight Howard leaving the Lakers

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This. Who cares about what a hater got to say

20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Right on! If Bucher is a known, proven Rockets hater with an agenda to make them look bad and an axe to grind, then why devote 8 pages to whining about ANYTHING he writes? Unless the red koolaid drinkers deep down are afraid that he's speaking the truth.