1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher on why nobody wants to play for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FEAR THE BEARD, Jul 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Ric Bucher isn't a media outlet. Nobody listens to him. OP shouldn't either.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Nobody likes us. That's not new news. It's us against the world.. again.

3. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

Fake ass Conan O'brien

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Didn't we just sign Trevor Ariza too a very undervalued contract?

Rockets havent signed anyone because they are in a position to be very selective about who they add to the team. Will that player fit? Sign a team friendly deal? Except a role? Not be a detriment to future flexibility?

I trust if Morey does use the MLE it will be well spent.

I think the Lin TPE and NOLA fetch a very good player or players at some point until the trade deadline.

Like the Nick Johnson pick, think he will be a beast off the bench, Capela's D could be something.

Don't think it was really a step back and something could be brewing.

5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

And who is he talking about, Dwight Howard the most wanted free agent last year who signed for us. Ariza who signed with the rockets even though he got the same contract from Washington. How many ree agents have we missed out on? Less than Dallas, Lakers etc.

This guy is a joke.

The comment that Harden and Dwight are our stars and the rest are role players is true. It is also something that almost every star says. How many times have we heard:
    "It is on me" (specially for you Tinman)
    "I have to lead this team to a championship"
    etc etc.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We need a ban on topics from ric bucher, other forums do it, why not us?

7. JazzLakerHater

I've never really bought into the whole "the media hates Houston and the Rockets" talk that a lot fans like to bring up. However, with this douchbag, it's different. Ric Bucher seriously has an agenda against this franchise for some reason. Anytime this fu**er has a chance to bash the Rockets, he will.

Can someone tell me what his issue with us is?

8. YourSecretLover

lol its ric bucher!

9. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

i hear a lot of people sounding like victims on this board, lately. I believe that is the crux of the issue.

Harden is very sensitive when he's criticized about his play by the media, victim.

Dwight has been in the league for how long now? he should know better than to say things in the media that may diminish his teammates in any fashion, especially after the fiasco he may or may not have created in Orlando.

What is the character of this team? at this point, questionable.

10. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

"we're teammates, you're the star, you're the superstar, okay, but don't dumb down my role, because you're going to need me. what great players do, what great bosses do, what great leaders do, what great teachers do, it doesn't matter the profession, they rally everybody around them to make them feel just as important."

--Jalen Rose on Harden and Dwight's comments about teammates

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Exactly, many clutchfan members acting all defensive, there's no need. Harden said something in public that should've been said, regardless whether he's right or not.

12. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

Guys, sometimes a little humility goes a long way. Of course we don't have to give Bucher any exposure, which we're doing btw with every reply, but...

It's good to grow as well. If we keep insisting that the NBA is a business, then of course, the Rockets are a workplace. How would you feel if of the fifteen workers in your office, two of them pointed out that they're the best workers, and the rest of you guys are interchangeable and don't really matter to the success of the business, and that was reiterated at the top as well? If you accepted that as fact, then how could you possibly care about the business or the people around you? Or... why would anyone want to work with people or a business like that: 'Work for us, or don't. It doesn't make a difference to us.' Expressing disdain for the Mavericks offer because it was 'literally one of the most untradeable contracts I've ever seen' is a player-as-commodity reference. I'm not saying don't think it, just don't publicly say it for ---- sake, and express frustration that you're now less able to trade away a former fan favorite. Just not smart IMO, especially right after jerseygate - I mean, doesn't he know those two are best friends? Little things like that matter.

My point is, we can either continue referring to players as commodities, or we can learn from this and really work as a team where everyone has an important role, like just about every text book on winning championships is based on.

Can you imagine Jordan discounting his teammates? Not if you read Phil Jackson's book, Sacred Hoops. However, if Jordan referred to himself as the superstar and his teammates as pieces to come and go that didn't really matter, he'd probably be one of the most hated guys in the league. The real question IMO is, why are so many people defending Harden then? We should be telling him we don't accept that on our team, rather than saying, yeah, that's how we roll. Ugh, not this fan.

#112 Tuk88, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Have you ever complained about things that other rockets players said in public?

14. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

HAHAHA Dwight and Harden have been playing for a few years and it hasn't worked out right.. You mean ONE SEASON together? I hope most players on teams know their role. Look at the Spurs, their team concept works because they all know their roles.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

Actions speak louder than words. And actions of every team in the NBA "speaks" of treating players like assets. If you work at a company where they fire a guy every week, yet the boss treat you like a friend, do you trust his words or his actions? Me, I trust one's actions.

NBA players aren't stupid. Their agents CERTAINLY aren't stupid. An agent is not going to tell his player, "Don't sign with the Rockets, they may trade you. Sign with the Mavs. Because Cuban don't have a track record of trading players." because he'd be both stupid and lying. A player is no more likely to be traded/let go by the Rockets than any other team. You know how many of the Spurs championship team core played with the Spurs even 3 years ago? You don't need two hands to count them.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Sure, it wasn't a "great leadership" comment, but when did they "dumb down" your role?

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Spurs are the exception in the NBA not the rule. That organization is littered with Hall of Famers from the front office, to the bench and 3 locks on the court. Comparing the Rockets to the Spurs as if what they've done is easily reproducible is ludicrous. The Spurs have been both lucky and good.

18. Little General

With the comments Harden has said, I hope he won't run away from the interviews in the future when they do lose a game.

19. dram1

dram1 Member

This is such a weak stretch. The big fee agents had already made their decisions before these comments were made. If Bosh or Melo would have come here, they would have added that 3rd star to their crew of cornerstones. Bucher is really trying to get into the spotlight because Houston has been a bit of an attention getter as of late and he linking himself to them.

20. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

I dont think the comments had anything thing to do with us striking out in FA this summer but I do think the comments will hurt us in the future. Even though it is true what they are saying with them being the focus and the leaders, IT IS SOMETHING YOU DONT ACTUALLY SAY! As a leader and a teammate you arent supposed to make your teammates feel lesser than you, you are supposed to elevate them make them feel as if they are just as important as you are. Ive never heard guys say this about their teammates before. It hasnt hurt us yet but it hurts us moving forward, just a bad ora to have going into the next season.