1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher on why nobody wants to play for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FEAR THE BEARD, Jul 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's a very southern part, geographically, of Toronto. :grin:

2. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Bucher rarely misses an opportunity to talk crap about the Rockets. The guy seems to have a genuine beef against them for some reason.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Players are called role players all the time and many are proud of it. Coaches make it very clear what a guys role is and what is expected and won't be tolerated. You have a problem when a player doesn't think he is a role player and is, those players don't play for winning teams or last long in the league.

Harden and Howard said nothing wrong. Players need to know their roles and what is expected of them. Hell if anything Howard and Harden took responsibility. Players all the time say things like "my job is to defend", "My job is to hit open 3's", "Find the open man" etc.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rokman

Rokman Member

OH SNAP!!

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

6. Nook

Nook Member

He wrote a book with Yao Ming and assumed he had a direct pipeline to the Rockets and Morey shut that door as soon as he took over.. Ever since then Bucher has been mad. For what it is worth he hates the Lakers as well because they stopped giving him information and ESPN replaced him.

He has some inside sources in GS and on occasion gets a cookie from Charlotte... But he makes up 90% of his crap.

7. sabesque

sabesque Member

That's garbage. He lost me in his set up when he said we've had dwight for two years.

8. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

That is a very simplistic way of thinking. "Bev, Ariza & everyone else are role players and will understand what Harden's saying". But if I'm playing for the Rockets, and watched Harden's no show on offense, and lazyness on defense in the playoffs, I'm taking offense to these words. If you're not giving it your all every single game and taking plays off, I don't think you can talk about who's team it is. Especially when your in the strip club during the playoffs. Harden has some SERIOUS maturing to do

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

It's probably not the team, its probably our front office and staff and how we treat our team and harden and howards words didnt help much for big headed players like parsons who think they are entitled to more than they're worth.

10. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

If you think for stars, playing is only about winning and money, then I don't want to argue with you.

I think for them, playing happily is also important, the team chemistry is important. Unless you win all 82 games, when you lose games, your team leaders act like babies and blame others and not take responsibility, that's pretty ****ty feeling.

You don't realize the problem of Harden and Howard's comments. They aren't true leaders who take responsibility. They think they are, but they are not. And they are difficult to communicate with. Instead of talking smack directly to Parsons, they choose to trash him over media. That just spells immaturity.

Howard's playoff performance was solid, I don't really have a problem with his comments, just his jokish style. It's hard to play serious next to him when he's goofing around so much.

Harden played like a role player during the playoff, and he comes out to say other players are role players just sound stupid. Yes, we all want him as our cornerstone, but you don't say that yourself right after a poor playoff performance.

Bottom line: There are things that are true, but you can't say it. Others can, but you can't say it yourself.

11. bmd

bmd Member

His thoughts don't even make sense. First of all, Howard and Harden have only been playing together for 1 season. Not 2 like he is saying.

Secondly, Chris Bosh was going to the Rockets until the Heat offered him a max contract that the Rockets couldn't match at the last minute.

Third... these comments made by Howard and Harden were made just a few days ago and had absolutely no bearing on any failure of acquiring a big-named player since the comments were made after they signed with other teams. Why he is making it sound like players don't want to play on the Rockets because of those comments, I have no idea.

Fourth, this was the FIRST off-season with both Howard and Harden. Bucher is acting like the Rockets have been trying for years to land a big-time player but can't get anybody to come play because of Howard and Harden.

Bucher makes absolutely no sense. It amazes me that somebody like that using such illogical arguments has been as successful as he has.

12. rocketsmetalspd

Butcher seems like is being paid by Cuban to be his personal mouth piece :grin:

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

"We're a couple years later and they still haven't gotten out of the first round"..........ONE year

ric bucher is borderline braindead

14. Remii

Remii Member

Michael Jordan was known to verbally abuse his teammates and be physical violent toward them. If social media existed then like it does today Jordan would be seen in a different light... Especially considering he was a womanizer as well and was married.

I think what Howard and Harden said is much to do about nothing and just off-season news.

15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Do you think most players were happy playing with:
    Kobe? Shaq hated him but they won together and Shaq had to be forced out
    Jordan? Horace Grant wanted to kill him and most others couldn't stand him. Pippen wanted more of the spotlight.
    Rondo? Players say he grates their nerves and is always an outsider yet the Celtics had their most success with him.

you fall into the trap of many cf'ers. you paint things in black and white. you seem to infer that I said it's all about money and winning and nothing else. that's your problem in interpretation. I will admit that most of it is money, followed by happiness and winning in some order.

Dirk has chosen happines and location over money and winning.

Bosh has chosen money and happiness over winning as has Carmelo and Lebron.

Dwight chose happiness and a chance at the title over money.

there are countless players who have chosen money first.

It's a formula filled with variables that all have different measures to each individual. What I said was that the statements made by Howard and Harden in the offseason of 2014 regarding the departure of a valuable but overpaid teammate will have little to no bearing over what a free agent in 2016 determines to do. Especially if other current teammates of Howard and Harden state that they enjoy playing with them.

Please feel free to argue my point, but your position is on pretty shallow ground.

16. Remii

Remii Member

But you're not playing for the Rockets nor are you a free agent NBA player that the Rockets are interested in. So that makes your opinion meaningless.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Ric has been a Rockets hater over the years, but whatever. Just reflects the general sentiment around the league towards the Rockets at this point.

Looking forward to this season.

18. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

bucher is just grasping at straws... his 'analysis' isn't any better than what any of us coulda come up with.

weak.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

All things being equal( talking about money), when has a free agent rejected us?

Melo had 30 million reasons to go back NY where LaLa loves to live
    Bosh had 30 million reasons to go back to Miami where he and his family loves to live
    Lowry went back to Toronto for more money than we could have offered considering we were going after Melo and Bosh at the same time.

Dirk rejected us to go back to the only team he's ever played for, but Dirk never had good taste.

[​IMG]

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

literally can't count