1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Ric Bucher keeps tying to sell a Lowry+Scola for Gasol trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pge71188, Mar 6, 2012.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Nope. Howards got an ego as big as Kobe's. Gasol does not. They are perfect to gether. Almost the same role as Anderson.

Howard has no interest in sharing the spotlight with Kobe. He may never say that but make no mistake about it, he knows Kobe.

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Because the Nets aren't looking to trade Deron Williams. While Boston is, and according to reports has been, looking to trade Rajon Rondo.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Daryl more willing to move Lowry now?

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Dude, Daryl is willing to move the whole team to get DWight/Dwill in here.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Here's the video ... should clear this up.

Ric Bucher pimps for a Kyle Lowry+Luis Scola for Pau Gasol deal and believes Lakers should consider trading Kobe Bryant

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MvfNQMZPGMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

ray allen might be getting traded do you think its smart if we get ray for martin

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Boston denies those reports.

9. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Just realized we play the Celtics tonight. :cool:

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We get Kobe, too? Great!

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not sure how the OP watched that and inferred Bucher claimed this was a deal that was "very likely" to happen.

Its clear, in context, that when Storm asked if it was "likely", she meant "a more likely deal than the homerun Laker fans are hoping for". This is basically just more speculation from Bucher.

12. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

T.Y.A

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Which they will until the moment they make a deal.

14. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Was waking up, turned on the tube, but it was infact Storm that said Likely to which Bucher responded "right".

15. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

That would be the dumbest trade Morey's ever made. I seriously hope he is not stupid enough to trade a emerging all-star point guard in Kyle Lowry + a not bad power forward Luis Scola for a bordeline All-Star who is also, older than both players we are giving up. At the same time, we would give L.A a more than legit point guard, something that they did not have since more than a decade.

If this trade happens, I will stop supporting the Rockets and it is not because I am a fake fan but because I simply don't see the love for Gasol and this would make us less competitive and the Lakers would have another free gift (Lowry) and path to the NBA Finals.

16. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Of-course they would. what team wouldn't deny it. They wouldn't want to lose team chemistry as they're trying to make the Playoffs.

17. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

18. MONON

MONON Member

In addition to the Nets not looking to trade DWill as long as Howard's still available like rocketblaze said, I can guarentee you this. If a 3way trade happens in which DWill, KLow & Dragon are moved, LA will not except the 3nd best pg!

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

anyone who turns down this deal for Gasol is just too infatuated with Lowry. Look, I have had my signature for my favourite Rockets player ever since the day he got traded here in 2009. But even though he is my favourite player ever since Yao and T-Mac went down, I am still logical enough to realise that Gasol is a probably HOF player while Lowry will never be an All-Star. I've got this biggest fetish in the world for Kyle Lowry, and I watch every one of his plays as I can and know everything about him since his high school days, but even I know this deal is too good to turn down.

Think of it this way:

the deal is basically:

Lowry

for Gasol.

BECAUSE SCOLA IS USELESS ON THE TEAM RIGHT NOW!

Too bad LA might not say yes to this. We might need to add more value to this for LA.

20. CDave

CDave Member

This!

What the Lakers are trying to put together is proof to Dwight that they can land the quality point guard that Howard insisted had to be in place in order for him to commit longer term to LA.

There are no better trade options for Orlando then Andrew Bynum even with the potential risk of him re-injuring himself someday, and Otis Smith knows it.

Lopez getting re-injured last Sunday and most likely now missing the remainder of the season, seals that once and for all.

Houston has nothing in the way of a package that Orlando (minus Dwight) would be interested in, because first and foremost, it would need to include something containing or approximating an All Star center which is what Dwight is and what Orlando loses if he leaves, and which, guess what? Houston doesn't have, or this dialog wouldn't be necessary in the first place.

Andrew Bynum is a 24 year old All Star center this year.

PERIOD! END OF REPORT!

No matter what other fan bases may think of Bynum, he represents the one and only hope that Orlando has to survive this crisis losing Howard but maintaining a solid base and legitimate hope for the future because He's an All Star Center, it's that simple.

The Rockets, sad to say, with their "dog's breakfast" of pieces and parts of this and that type player here and there, can't address the primary problem facing the Magic.

Which is that they are about to lose for the second time, a world class NBA center (last time was Shaq) and this time they have to get something approximating equal value in return for it.

The Lakers know that Pau Gasol is not germane to the Orlando deal and he never has been.

They know that if Orlando decides NOT to trade Howard and risk losing him for nothing in return, it won't be because the Lakers didn't offer them a Bynum and Gasol package.

The Magic don't need Gasol and they don't particularly want him either. Ryan Anderson is just fine for them. And he works just fine with Bynum playing center as opposed to Howard as well.

So the Lakers are interested in acquiring Lowry as their point guard to show Howard they're serious and maybe Scola, although my guess is that, that part of the deal wouldn't represent enough return value for Gasol in the Lakers eyes, they would want other younger pieces (Patterson or possibly Morris or both).

The Lakers would do this deal with Houston and they would in turn trade Bynum to the Magic for Howard maybe throwing in some draft picks and a player or two, but not taking back bad contracts or any of that (they don't need to, it's Orlando who is the tough spot here, especially compared with the Lakers who either way, will wind up with an All Star center).

And if none of this happens for the Lakers, fine, it's back to business as usual looking to add a serviceable point guard and a bench player or two to make a serious run in the playoffs.