1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher keeps tying to sell a Lowry+Scola for Gasol trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pge71188, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Is this the same Bucher that guarenteed Kobe would never play in a Laker uniform again?

2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Terrance Morris doesn't play for the rockets anymore.

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Not a fan of the trade... but, I'll let Morey do his thing.

5. davidio840

HOW DO WE EVEN KNOW THIS IS TRUE. BUCHER IS PROBABLY FULL OF ****

6. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Assuming this is all that happens do you really think this lineup is that much better than what we have now.

Gasol
    Bud? (Parsons will probably get benched because this lineup needs shooters.)
    Dalembert
    Martin
    Dragic (As a starter? Yikes)

That team is soft as tissue paper, going to be hard to watch.

7. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:7651469&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

That's not his M.O. at all. And he has clearly hinted that the Lowry was not off the table before. As if he has some inside info. Also Rudy T has spent some time at Rockets games lately and in order for the trade work will have to dump another player in. Twill has been getting minutes.

9. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

That's actually what I'm thinking... only that Dragic goes to the Celtics and Lowry to (sigh) the Lakers. We'd probably include Budinger in the Boston deal to free up some space for Morris.

10. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Wow, he actually mentioned trading Kobe Bryant, now I know this rumor is bogus.

11. rjr

rjr Member

I had read somewhere Morey wanted to pair Pau with his brother Marc(who would have signed the offer sheet,or asked for a trade to the Rox if Pau was already here),or as a second option sign Nene in the original vetoed trade.It just doesn't make sence to me to bring Pau to HTown now.Especially at the cost of Lowry.LOL I'm woried now.

12. amaru

amaru Member

Hmm.......idk how I feel but Morey knows more than I do.

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

If we trade Kyle Lowry our team will be considerbly worse and we will help LA win another title

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

they better give us somebody else because i'd be damn if we trade lowry and scola for gasol

15. TheresTheDagger

Here's my home run trade idea from a couple of days ago. Looks like the Lakers part is correct.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7zmwvkw

Celtics get: Kevin Martin, Goran Dragic, combination of picks.
    Lakers get: Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola
    Rockets get: Pau Gasol, Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley.

Almost all of these guys have been shopped.

Celtics get a shooting guard to replace Ray Allen and a young replacement PG plus draft picks as they attempt to rebuild.

Rockets get long desired 2 way player in the front court, a replacement PG for Lowry.

Lakers get young talented PG they need and a reasonable replacement for Pau at PF.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am not a member of the Lowry Brigade, but without another move, not sure this makes us that much better.

17. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

make it happen

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That is true. In the short term. We also lock the Lakers out of the Dwight/Dwill sweepstakes and inject ourselves into the sweepstakes with the ability to offer 2 max contracts. Not to mention, we finally get to tank out this season if no additional trades are made, and put ourselves in a lot better position concerning lottery picks. We are not winning anything this year. If we stay put, we're not even going to make the playoffs. It's time to either bring in Dwight/Dwill (if possible) or convert these assets which are at max value and fixing to decline in value, to younger assets with more upside potential.

The game has started and will be continuing until next thursday. Hopefully we come out a lot worse in the present and a lot better in the future or we come out a lot better at present so we can make a serious playoff run. Either way is fine with me. But continuing as is and settling into the 13th or 14th lottery pick is total bologna. It's been written in stone for a while. We're just not good enough as currently constructed, even to make the playoffs. And if we did squeeze in, it's simply a 4-game destruction at the hands of the Thunder that really shows how bad we really are. As currently constructed we are really the 9th or 10th best team in the West, and that is largely based on having a lot of players that hustle their tails off. When you take away our hustle, we are one of the 5 worst teams in the West.

19. davidio840

LA is not winning another title with Lowry, Kobe and just Bynum as their only inside Defense.

20. davidio840

This would be fantastic