1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher keeps tying to sell a Lowry+Scola for Gasol trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pge71188, Mar 6, 2012.

1. teebone21

teebone21 Member

because he is a superstar by name recognition he is playing like crap last season and this season everyone sees it and yet we still call him a star

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

and now with KLow getting an MRI... if he's hurt, a 1 yr rental on DHow makes no sense...

3. Big Time Titan

I'm not against going after Dwight on a rental. He would be the king of Texas if he came here. I know he'd be big in Dallas too but I would roll the red carpet out to keep him if we were able to swing a trade for him.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Good luck with that.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I think I'd call up Miami and offer them Scola, Dally, and Dragic for Bosh and tell them if they don't do that deal that I'm going to ship Lowry, Scola, and Dally to the Lakers for Gasol. If Miami bit on that deal, we should be able to shovel off Martin somewhere for an expiring and a pick so that we would have the cap space to make a serious run after the Dwight/Dwill combo in the offseason. Would they rather play with an aging Dirk or a younger Bosh?

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Scola, Dalembert, and Dragic for Bosh? They laugh at that.

Maybe I'm missing something that's right in front of me but why would they care if you then went to LA and did that trade?

7. Nero

Nero Member

Because LA just kicked their butts already, and Miami wouldn't stand a chance at all for a title if they came against the Lakers after that trade.

At least I assume that is what the post suggests.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He had the highest PER of his career in the 27 games he played with NYK last year. This year has been a different story, but then it's also been an injury plagued, strange roster changing story for the team.

Not that it would happen, but something like:

(1) Martin, Parson, Patterson, return of draft pick for Carmelo

(2) Lowry, Scola, Dalembert, Hill, Williams, Thabeet for Dwight, Hedo, Glenn Davis

Lineup:
    Dragic, Flynn
    Lee, Budinger
    Melo, Hedo
    Glenn Davis, Morris
    Dwight, Greg Smith

Unlikely either trade happens, and the Rockets would still have holes to fill and enormously weak bench, but it'd be a pretty stout starting lineup.

anyway... just dreaming

#348 JayZ750, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He is a superstar...period.

NY was a trash organization before the trade and are a trash organization after. They are not terrible because of Melo, they are terrible because thier management is awful.

Bring Melo here and he would shine.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

So because LA just beat Miami(for the first time since the 'Big 3' came together, I believe), Miami is going to care that you went to go deal with LA?

Am I understanding that right?

No, stop it. :p That's silly.

Miami wouldn't stand a chance against

Lowry
    Bryant
    World Peace/Barnes
    Scola
    Bynum

?

Going a little too far there, no?

11. teebone21

teebone21 Member

basically what you're saying is once
    a star always a star no matter how bad you are

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No, what I am saying is players have different talent levels and it is up to a coach to utilize a players strengths and weaknesses. Melo is a talented player who looks bad now because Dantoni is an awful awful coach and thier GM has destroyed thier cap with 2 overpaid players.