1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher: I dont see a Tmac-led team winning a chip, EVER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chronz, Aug 3, 2007.

1. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

So what would a 1-star rating tell us? Bad thread (good Bucher), or bad Bucher (good thread)?

2. WNBA

WNBA Member

Ric is right if JVG is still coaching Rockets.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Kobe could? :confused:

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i don't disagree w/ that assessment. what has tracy shown (regardless whether he has a team or not) in the playoffs in terms of advancing? none.

so it's up to tracy to prove ric bucher wrong? and others also.

i still believe in tracy. last yr was an abberration (despite 2nd team all-nba). i believe he can do MUCH better.

it's up to tracy.

5. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

say what??? they'll get easy shots b/c tracy gives it to them.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't blame him for doubting T-Mac's ability to lead a team to a championship. After his performances in Games 6 and 7 against Utah, I'm not too certain either.

The Rockets have improved their roster a great deal, and talentwise they're right up there with any team in the league. But playoff series are won by superstars making plays, and T-Mac has never been able to do that.

Remember, in his last 3 playoff appearances, he's had a 3-1 lead over Detroit, a 2-0 lead over Dallas coming home, and a 2-0 lead over Utah as well as Game 7 at home, and he couldn't close out any of those teams.

The dude has a lot to prove.

7. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

exactly, what has kobe shown that he can lead a team w/ him as the #1 guy?

same fate as a tmac-led team.

8. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Ric bucher is a kiss butt. Because I don't see a kobe bryant led team ever winning a title with kobe bryant as primary leader of a team.T-mac has a better chance once he learns to keep his mouth closed and stop telling the media everything and just show his work by example.Ric bucher doesn't have a clue on what it takes to be a champion and by him saying this you are most likely going to see the opposite effect and T-mac wininning a tilte this coming season.T-mac is due to get out of the first round an adleman is on a misssion to finally get his first title after losing to the Bad boys and jordan's bulls and shaq's lakers.Tracy and adleman have a lot to prove together and tracy isn't the lone ranger he has yao,he has steve francis,mike james,he isn't in this by himself anymore and he is a far better team player than rick bucher's God,kobe ball hog bryant.

9. htownhustla

htownhustla Member

I definitely cannot say i agree with what sayin bout tmac. A brokeback? Wow. The guy played great for us. He needs some motivation at times but to say mike james and francis are gonna lead us in the playoffs, i dnno bout that. He played so much thru the season as far as mintues and how so many things to do, that to say he is not on the same level as Kobe, Lebron, and Wade seems off to me. I will take my chances on hm being a great closer now that he does not have so many things to do and can conserve some energy.
    I do hope you are right bout scola and what he can accomplish. Come on mac, prove the h8rs wrong plz.

10. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I see nothing wrong with what he said. Paraphrasing what he said, he can't imagine T-Mac doing what Jordan did. It doesn't mean he can't accept it after it happens.

T-Mac has gotten a reputation of taking what is given to him. He doesn't take it by force. When you look at T-mac, it almost seems like Rebounds fall into his hands. It seems that guys get out of the way for his dunks. It seems like he misses a lot of shots, yet somehow he ends up with 30 points nightly.

T-Mac playing on automatic gets you easily 20-25 points and 5 assits and 5 rebounds. He plays on the par of his ability. And he might not inspire greatness out of anyone else. T-Mac is so talented that he could wear a blindfold and rebounds and shots would fall for him. But he does have an MVP level gear in his motor; proven time and time again when he gets pissed off. (Refer to Dallas when he scored 18 or so points in 30 seconds.)

T-Mac type players haven't won many championships. So, I see nothing wrong with Ric Bucher saying what he has said. We can dream about champioships all we want. And we can talk about the talent on the team for the next 10 years. Who wants to talk about the Golden state teams with Mullen, Tim Hardaway, Sprewell, Webber, and the centere who was very good. 13 years ago they were an awsome assebly of talent.

But Champions aren't necessarily the sexy talent. They are the no holds bar guys. The guys with something to prove and by gosh, will MAKE you realize it. Even Tim Duncan will get down and right nasty and passionate about his teams winning or losing.

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

You can disagree with the assessment without all that junk tossed in Bucher's way. He's one of ESPN's few respectable journalists, and to date I haven't seen him in any commercials pitching a product.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Put it on the bulletin board and tape it on Tracy's locker for motivation.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

that statement alone doesn't really bother me because it's as meaningless as me saying i don't think a dirk nowitski led team could ever win a championship. that means nothing. tracy mcgrady is a top 10 player with tremendous basketball iq on top of a blessed skillset and he's arguably not even the best player on the rockets. it's flat out idiotic to discount him from getting a ring.

what bothers me is bucher's little "ever" that he throws at the end like he has some kind of inside info on future championships.

14. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I doubt that Tracy McG will be the leader under Coach A.

15. Navman

Navman Member

I think we owe Ric the benefit of the doubt on this one. He's a decent columnist, certainly with a unique perspective on things. He covered Yao extremely well and generally covered the Rockets candidly.

I don't really know what to think of this comment about Tracy. I think we'll sum it up by assuming he was having a bad day today and was taking too many Kobe questions prior that he mixed them up. :cool:

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

You could have the reverse effect remember Tracy is very sensitive to this type of thing.

17. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Don't get me wrong. Tracy is easily a top 8 player in this league. He got my vote for MVP last year. That's the regular season though. Come playoff time, he tends to open his mouth instead of finishing, and cracks under pressure. Yes, his playoff numbers are awesome. He's had some damn good games. But take a look at his 4th quarter numbers when he's up in a series, going back to Orlando. It's like the guy doesn't even try if his team's up. Games 3 and 4 vs Dallas, Tracy had his chances to put the Mavs away in the 4th. Didn't do it. I'll give him a pass on Game 5 because of the damn refs. Game 6 and 7 vs Utah this year, same story. Games 5 and 6 vs Detroit when he was with Orlando...need I repeat anymore? His playoff numbers are misleading. You actually have to watch the tape to recognize what I'm talking about. Luckily I have the whole Dallas and Utah series' taped. I got the Detroit series from a boxscore, so I could be wrong in that assessment, but there's a repeating trend going on here. Francis, James, and Scola are going to prove to be a whole lot more valuable than we think they currently are.

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I gotta agree. I think Adelman will run the offense through whoever has the highest bball iq on the court, which should be Yao.

btw I have my pillow ready when I see Yao make a alley-oop to a backdoor cutting Franchise, because I know I will faint from happiness.

19. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

Sura faints !

20. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Like the clichee's

Dont' count your chickens before they hatch (alluding to the champinships we are dreamiong about) - The little matchup with Boston for revenge!

Championships are won on the court not on paper - Alluding to the fact that we are expecting great chemistry. That the talent will be like synergy.

T-Mac's playoff loses belong to team. But, Let's be frank. Last years 7 game matchup with the Jazz was there for the taking. The Rockets were within striking distance up until like 1 minute left. T-Mac has said time and time over after that he wore out. He's even cried about it. T-Mac's fault was that he did not preserve enough energy to close out the game; there is not doubt that with better management of his body energy or reserves, he could have excelled in the final minutes more effectively.