1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher: I dont see a Tmac-led team winning a chip, EVER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chronz, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Chronz

Chronz Member

Paul (Jacksonville, FL): Are the Rockets now legitimate threats to win the West (and by proxy the NBA Finals)? After adding a legit PF in Scola and a couple quality players in Francis and James to split backcourt time with Alston, where exactly is their weakness? Aren't they primed for a title run?

SportsNation Ric Bucher: (3:31 PM ET ) I don't see a team led by Tracy McGrady winning a title. Ever.

What an ass

2. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

What about a team led by Yao Ming?

3. #1draftpik

#1draftpik Member

:rolleyes:

I thought the same thing when I saw that....hey Ric why don't you and ESPN just stick to stealing other news reports and claiming they are your own reports.

:D

4. shivalrous

shivalrous Member

**** Ric Bucher and all of ESPN for that matter. Ric Bucher = Chad Ford II :mad:

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

EasternSPN analysts are all Boston/New York homers.

6. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Just more motivation for Tracy to do well in the playoffs

7. Chronz

Chronz Member

Shall I axe him? The Chat is still going on

8. #1draftpik

#1draftpik Member

I sent him something :D but I doubt he will post it ;)

9. shivalrous

shivalrous Member

Axe the mother****er, go for it. I got your back. The entire "Rockets'' nation has your back.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

word to that. [methodman]GETEM[/methodman].

11. SmitingPurpleEm

Ric is cool with Yao (otherwise, why the hell would he write that biography with him?). I think I know what he'd say to that; he'd say that if Yao could lead the team, then it may win a title, but that won't happen this year.

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Obviously a YOF

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

They could never see the Knicks not beating the Rockets until it happened.

14. SmitingPurpleEm

Ric supported and stuck by Yao when he was getting trashed, at the time (Yao's third year) he was the only guy in the entire media establishment who said anything remotely positive about Yao. I am very grateful of that and am willing to look the other way when he might say something undiplomatic or sucks Kobe's jock too hard.

15. monkinamr2

monkinamr2 Contributing Member

can someone email this to one of tmac's contact addresses. he needs motivation like this to light his competitive fire.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bucher is one of the better NBA reporters in the biz. While I disagree with his comment it is easy to see why one would feel that way. McGrady has shown a lack of leadership. Unlike a Wade you don't see him reach the 2nd gear very often and put away the opponent.

17. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

like anyone expect the 2004 Pistons to win the title (except Detroit)

18. intersync

intersync Member

Adelman and Mutombo are our leaders.

19. drich

drich Member

hopefully tmac reads this he would have all the motivation he would ever need hell this pisses me off just reading it for him.

20. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

I agree with that assessment. TMac's not a leader. He's not mentally tough. He's a brokeback.

HOWEVER, come playoff time, I think Mike James and Francis are going to be the ones leading us down the stretch. They won't get tired in the 4th quarters, they'll hit big shots, take it to the basket, etc. We didn't have either last year. They're both leaders, unlike Tracy. That's why we'll win it all.

Scola is a complete powerforward, unlike the one-dimensional Hayes. Our roster is complete. Kobe and Lebron and Wade could win with incomplete roster. But that's Kobe, Lebron, and Wade. Tracy isn't in their category.

So Bucher is right in his assessment on Tracy. But Francis and James are now the leaders of this team.