1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

revolution - my first thought

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidkconover, Apr 7, 2010.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

Not from what I just saw on the beeb, guy yelled at the white english cameraman about not filming the right thing and most of the rioters seemed like they could care less about being filmed

2. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

Wait, you mean to tell me that when people put, "Cool story, Bro" they don't actually mean it??? :rolleyes:

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Hope you are safe. How's your electricity? Hope your internet doesn't go out either.

4. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

ahaha

david good luck hope you get to watch the game, hell i dont even live 3 hours away from houston and its struggle to watch the games, fewest games ive watched in a season since that horrid injury plagued season with mac and yao. except this year was not by choice, more like deciding on wasting $20+ at buffalo wild wings every game or watching through a ****ty feed on atdhe.net...

go rockets beat the jazz on national tv and watch all the experts get off their stupid bandwagon

5. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

The Government of Kryszkewhatever has now been overthrown. The pres has been ousted.

Take cover there David.

6. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

someone should relay this to the rockets organization.

7. Htown's2kFinest

hope things go ok for you over there. you should maybe post some pictures of the madness you see over there.

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

He is quite possibly one of the greatest clutchfans in history.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Wow! If all this is true(and I'm not doubting you) then I hope you and your family stay safe. And here's to you getting to watch the Rockets hopefully crush the jazz

10. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

11. Strawman

Strawman Member

12. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

This type of **** has to be scary keep us updated...

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yeah, its kinda of racist. If the get a person of african descent or of color, they're ok, ut if they get a white person, there might be an example. I hope dave doesnt have to have the ****-meat sandwich,lol. For real, i hope the op gets out of there safely.

14. davidkconover

davidkconover Member

true story. i am here in bishkek. here is a link of my being interviewed for the kyrgyz version of nba.com (http://www.basketball.kg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3523:david-conoveri-am-a-basketball-junkie&catid=1:2008-12-10-19-48-51&Itemid=12 ). my wife and i just got up about 30 minutes ago after about 2 hours of sleep. things got quiet around 500am. i haven't gone outside yet but looking out of our window i can see that building behind us (we live in a typical soviet era apartment block - right next to a government building) is completely trashed. broken windows and doors. random office equipment that has been thrown out windows onto the grown below. the cars parked outside are either gone (we saw them broken into throughout the night and driven away) are completely trashed. we normally parked there but yesterday i stashed my car elsewhere.

i talked to an embassy friend and he said that some form of the military is out patrolling the streets - apparently on behalf of the opposition at this point. a curfew is still in place i guess although the state tv is off line. fires must be burning as the sky is very smokey. i hear that all the major grocery stores were looted and then burned (they are owned by the family of the 'former' president).

we still have power and best yet - we have power and we have espn. damn - the rockets look good!

2 people like this.
  15. AlmatyRocket

AlmatyRocket New Member

David - I hope you and your family are okay. If you can please continue to post updates. I lived in Kazakhstan for 12.5 years and have been in Bishkek many times.

16. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

^^^ No doubt.

David glad to hear you're OK.

Did you get to watch the game?

17. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

^^^ No doubt.

David glad to hear you're OK.

Did you get to watch the game?

18. davidkconover

davidkconover Member

yep. dozed off a couple of times as we were up all night last night (the buildings all around us got looted pretty bad) but it was GLORIOUS to get to watch a game live and to watch us beat up on the jazz. what a great game!

thanks everyone for their words of support. we are going to try to get out and relocate this afternoon so i will update with some photos later what we see.

19. mig0s

mig0s Member

Hey David, hope everything's fine on your side. I remember reading the story you posted a long time ago of you going to live in Kyrgyzstan. Very touching story and it seems that you're kind of attached to that country. You should write a book, seriously.

Anyways good luck on everything. Keep us updated.

20. the_hustler

the_hustler Member