1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

revolution - my first thought

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidkconover, Apr 7, 2010.

1. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

wow, stay safe David and hopefully watching the Rockets beat the Jazz will bring you a sense of normalcy.

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

David please get away from there a soon as you can!
    It sounds like an evil place to be living and could lead one to disaster. :p

3. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I have to say that even though I'm a die hard fan, that's pretty much the most die hard thing I've ever heard. Keep safe and hope Rockets win to get your mind off everything at least for a little while.

4. nickb492

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GCR--ZnyDzI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GCR--ZnyDzI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

5. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

Guys,

Please pray for Stephon Marbury's safety. I think he is playing in the kyrgyzs league(KBA?).

6. txtodd

txtodd Member

Eat the brownies?

7. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Marbury is playing in China.

To the OP, stay safe, and GO ROCKETS!

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

OK, this is the best thread of the week.

And for once, and I completely mean this with sincerity... that is a cool story!

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

While we're at it, we might as well pray for his sanity, too.

10. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Ok, I'm ignorant when it comes to international issues. Is this where Borat is from?

Seriously, I watched the video and it's crazy! They are going after militia like madmen; did you see the group retreating behind shields? Then one trips and falls out of the group ... he is descended upon like a pack of wild hyenas to a helpless zebra.

I hope you stay safe bro! Another good game to download and watch is last nights against the Grizz.

I wonder if they cut the electricity since we haven't heard from this guy in a while.

11. davidkconover

davidkconover Member

update.

it is almost 140am in the morning here. about an hour ago we had over 100 (an estimate) looters sack the building right next to us and right outside our living room window. don't think i have ever been so scared in my life. people yelling. breaking windows. i have never seen anything like it.

it has been quiet since then with the exception of the random explosion every 5 minutes are so. hard to tell how close they are. all the lights are out in the city. power is on but people are just trying to stay hidden. i am on the computer with a thick blanket over my head and the computer monitor trying to get updates from my embassy friends.

this isn't as much fun as when i did my first post.

12. nickb492

God that's awful, forget the Rockets. Just keep safe. Hope the best for you and your family.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

As much as I am a big rockets fan I think you have bigger issues than the game. If I were you I'd get the hell out of the country. Anywhere but there is better. China, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Russia. Try to get as far away as possible, preferably in western europe or north america.

May Allah guide you.

14. zilches

zilches Member

Wow! Stay safe.

I'm hearing reports here that the government has been toppled. Not being an expert on the geopolitics of the region, I can only hope that this is for the best.

15. redao

redao Member

that's a riot. Even though it is 10 times smaller than the one was in Ürümqi China but it is still a riot..... but I think you will be safe. The rioters are on the Americans side.

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm sure that's real comforting. Rioters tend not to go around asking questions about who's on what side, they usually just kill and destroy everything they find.

17. nickb492

I think that's Vikings bro.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wow this is truly a cool story.

Hope you stay safe, man. A diehard Rockets fan like you is a hero in my book.

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

David,
    I'm praying for you, man. Be safe and update when you can.

20. redao

redao Member

Nah, if they saw a white man with a camera, they will put on their victim faces and praise the freedom and human rights. Those antics we've seen a lot.