1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Revisiting the 2006 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BEAT LA, May 29, 2011.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The highest paid players on every playoff team should step up in the 4th. Maybe there aren't enough stars to go around when some teams have 3 or 4, but all that means is players like Aldridge can't complain about touches or having the opportunity to shine.

Would I want him on the Rockets? Of course. There aren't enough bigs in the NBA. The lack of supply causes teams to overpay them.

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

You're being too harsh on LA. And while he's no Dirk, someone needs to tell Toronto that Bargnani isn't a C so they can stop playing him where he doesn't belong.

As for the rest of the lotto (outside of Roy and Gay)...bleh.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I have always thought Jefferson and Randolph were comparable. I wonder if Jefferson could make a similar climb? Is Utah going to make Favors a center?

Favors/Scola could work for awhile. Scola could have a great impact on those young guys. I would feel bad about sending him there I guess.

Scola+Williams or Budinger+Hill+#23 for Jefferson.

4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Pritchard was a huge winner from that draft. Randy Foye for Brandon Roy - Thomas for Aldridge. He gave up garbage and received Gold in return. Pure Genious.

Pritchard craps on Morey any day of the week. Im not a Morey hater, im just sayin.

5. tobepg

tobepg Member

R.Brewer is a decent defender.
    And I don't think Aldridge is overpaid. He is great.

6. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Bargnani 25 ppg? I dont thank so. 21.4ppg.

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

seems pretty accurate to me except the Aldridge comment.......Everybody else is ho-hum.....

8. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Millsap only gets honorable mention? He could easily end up being the best player from this draft, though I don't see him overtaking LA.

And lol @ best PF in the NBA being overpaid.

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I was only doing the first round, but I saw him and Novak were in the second so I wanted to mention them.

Best PF in the NBA? Get out.

10. ashishduh

Also, if you can win with a player like Kobe and his godawful crunch time stats, you can win with Aldridge.

And ya he's the best PF. I don't consider Dirk a true PF (like Andrea) and guys like Love and Griffin are one-dimensional, no defense players on terrible teams atm, so we'll see what they become. He has the best overall offensive and defensive game of any PF.

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Ignoring that ridiculous "Dirk is not a PF" thing ( espeically since Dirk actually knows what a rebound is unlike Andrea), Pau and Amare are still better than Aldridge.

12. ashishduh

Dirk's game is that of a 3, not a 4, I didn't realize this was even up for debate.

Amare isn't a two-way player and Pau just got done averaging 13/5 over an entire playoffs.