1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Revisit the Bet] Favre vs Schaub

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Vinsanity, Nov 29, 2009.

1. BucMan55

BucMan55 Member

Coming up short to a hall of famer who had his best TD-INT ratio like ever might technically be a loss, but its like getting a date to the runner up of the Miss America contest.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Wait so the bet was on who is better? How can you really compare if the Texans have no running game. I think they are about as even as it gets and you could make a play for either guys. Adrian Peterson in our backfield would be mind blowing.

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Member

It was all stats.

4. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

The Vikings were actually a "throw first" team this year. They used the pass to open up the run. Favre was spectacular this year. He was active in the pocket, he was accurate, he made great decisions, and he still has plenty of zip on the ball. Give credit where credit is due. The old man was absolutely amazing this season, gray beard and all, and he proved just about everyone wrong.

And yes a percentage will go to the tip jar.

#84 Vinsanity, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  5. Wakko67

Wakko67 Member

Yes. Farve had a great year, but lets not act like AD in the backfield doesn't help. Teams don't go in saying, "we gotta stop the pass, don't worry about their RB."

Like you say, give credit where its due.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

if we're going to start arguing about contingents lets start with this

BRET FARVE IS 40

I thought The Cat would win this going away, but talk about giving credit where credit is due, Bret Farve just had arguably his best statistical season in HOF career at age 40. That's unbelievable, and with a history in the last three years of falling apart at the end he had two incredible games to close.

7. Vinsanity

If you go and read that preseason theread when the Vikings played the Texans, the majority of the Favre doubters were ridiculing him and saying he was old, washed up, and that he'd have a horrible year and get injured - and that he was a huge douchebag for coming out of retirement.

Now some of those same people are saying, "well, yeah, he had a good year but that's only because of Adrian Peterson in the backfield". Wait. So you guys didn't know Adrian Peterson was in the backfield during that preseason game? :confused:

8. Vinsanity

Pay your debt. Still waiting...

9. Dubious

Dubious Member

I think it would be pretty hilarious if you would pull an unloaded gun on him.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Nobody thought Sidney Rice was a decent Receiver until this year.

Vinsanthe Shiancoe caught double digit TDs.

Favre is a football god.

Big props.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I knew Rice was good when he was a sophomore at SC. A lot of people thought he was decent. What boggles my mind is the people who thought Tavaris Jackson had potential.

12. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

He's a pretty good back-up.

13. Berkmaniac

Berkmaniac Member

Put Schaub on the Vikings and they are in the same spot right now. Put Favre on the Texans, and they are worse. I guess however you qualified the bet, maybe you can paint Favre as better this year, but Schaub is better.

14. msn

msn Member

This. I thought Favre would break down and turn in an underwhelming year, too.

He *is* kind of a douche (come on, leading your team in singing "pants on the ground" after a win????), but he's one of the best in history. Gunslinging, risk-taking, douchebaggery and all, he's one of the best ever.

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

To me that's not douche-worthy at all.. I thought it was kinda funny, really

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

I think this speaks more to how well of a fit he was for Minnesota, rather than what an uber badass QB he is. I mean, come on, he knew their playbook in his sleep, ran that offense for 10+ years, and they're loaded with young talent on both sides of the ball. It is a match made in heaven. He didn't suck in New York just because he felt like it.

17. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Some of the NFL newbs here forget that Favre has played like 1000 straight games, I find that pretty amazing.

18. Depressio

Depressio Member

People who use hypotheticals as evidence are pretty OK in my book!

19. Vinsanity

I thought it was cool for an old guy like him. With that theme in mind, its more like the Cat was caught with his pants on the ground when making this bet. :)

20. Vinsanity

Are you saying that the Jets wouldn't be where they are now with a healthy Favre instead of Sanchez? If so, please explain. And remember, the Jets were 8-3 last year up until Favre's arm injury.