1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Revisit the Bet] Favre vs Schaub

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Vinsanity, Nov 29, 2009.

1. The Cat

The Cat Member

The “contrarian” bit is just hilarious. So in the Schaub/clutch thread, you’re pretty much being slammed by the entire BBS for your absurd, off-the-wall take. Here, we’re talking about a subject where the clear majority of the BBS agrees with me. And yet somehow I’m the contrarian? Do you even understand what that word means?

By the way, I thought you had put me on ignore? I knew you couldn’t do it. Obsessions are a tough habit to break... you have my sympathy.

2. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

I am an NFL football genius. (But there is still a decent chance I lose this bet). :)

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

4. sammy

sammy Member

Schaub is having the better individual season when you consider the Texans running game and major injuries on the OL. Just my opinion.

5. meh

meh Member

Seems to me this is pretty even.

Schaub's plus is that he has a good ypa lead, and his mobility meant less sacks(amazing considering we have no run game) and more scrambles for 1st downs.

Favre has a huge TD/INT ratio though. Oddly enough, this is the first time in ages that I've seen Farve not having gazillion ints in a season.

6. junglerules

junglerules Member

Wow, very close race. Looking at stats, it's a "push" in most categories,except interceptions. Favre with only 7 is shocking to me....

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

so i wasn't the only one thinking about this bet last night. i didn't read the terms till now, i assumed it was who finishes with the best rating, which would have put it away last. but when you consider all categories, I think its a push also. both players have been very important to their teams

8. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Member

Looks like a draw, unless the Giants figure out how to play football this weekend and Schaub throws 4 or more TD passes against the Pats.

Comp%
    Schaub by ~1%

YPA
    Schaub by ~.5 yards

YPC
    Schaub by ~.5 yards

INT's
    Favre by 7

TD's
    Favre by 2

Rating
    Favre by 5

So....

All knotted up at 3 a piece, the only one that is close enough to actually change in one game is probably the TD passes, but that would have to be a VERY bad performance by Favre and a pretty good one by Schaub, but considering the Giants performance as of late, I can't see Favre having no TD passes in that game.

9. Brando2101

Brando2101 Member

If you are doing total touchdowns and INTS, you should be doing total everything.

That gives
    Matt the advantage in Yards by 581 Yards

Farve also has lost 100 more yards than Matt has. Chop that up in part to a lack of mobility and an inability to get rid of the ball.

Still though, pretty equal.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

The Pats are pretty weak against the pass.

But the Giants blow goats.

So, it will likely end a tie... unless Matt goes Super Saiyan on us.

But yeah, Matt does leads the NFL in yards.

11. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Member

Not my rules man, it's between the two that placed the bet.

I pick Schaub over Favre just about any day to be honest.... need to get him a better O-line, maybe draft another back, and find him another target to throw to (and hopefully O-D comes back strong next year).

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Probably because Peyton sat in the 2nd half. So at least the Colts pulling their starters gave us that.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

Most definitely.

But, a win is a win is a win.

I wonder what the odds were on Schaub finishing the NFL as the leading passer at the beginning of the year?

One time I made a smooth buck betting on that.

14. meh

meh Member

Speaking of Schaub, wasn't there another bet about Schaub's durability? Over/under of 13 games or something I believe? Whoever said Schaub is durable looks pretty smart right about now(hopefully this won't jinx Schaub next game).

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

because he made it through *1* whole season?
    his history said he was not durable . .

Rocket River

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

Jeez.

Can't you give him credit for ANYTHING?

Dude played through 3 quarters in Jacksonville with his freaking arm flopping out of the socket.

As if Matt is brittle or not tough... some 320lbs fat*ss falls on you or some 280lbs cheap shot artist dives at your knees, chances are you may get hurt.

17. The Cat

The Cat Member

His history was two years! And with the exception of one game, last year's missed starts were due to two viciously dirty hits by Jared Allen that drew the league maximum fine. I agree that one year isn't enough to say he's Brett Favre, in terms of durability. But by that same token, two minor injuries in two seasons - both coming on very illegal hits, at that - weren't nearly enough to conclude the guy would be injury-prone for every season for the rest of his career, as many did.

I'm fine with keeping things in perspective, but it needs to go both ways.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

Uh, no...sorry, not one person in the NFL would have made it through the season after the Allen hit. That has nothing to do with durability.

1 person likes this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Schaub is having a better year individually, Texans have no running game and Vikings have one of the best. Favre has been clutch this year but it's the rest of the team putting him in a position to win pretty much every week. Favre is having a better year since his team is better.

IDK how you guys will settle this, is it strictly fantasy numbers or is it also based on team success?

20. Uprising

Uprising Member

QFT....+1 rep